887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Applied on 11/04, and i have baby after that, CO allocated on 1/09 and asked for visa medical check up( conditional: as baby is less than 6 months), before visa medical check up i was asked the normal health report from GP and e-medical consent signed form to access baby's health record from Health Dept as baby was born here. Once the case officer received both these papers, the HAP ID is activated ( though Hap Id was given at the time of CO assigned but not working), now booked for medical check up( paper assessment from immigration visa health services - Bupa), once that done (in next week) Then i have to wait for decision..tnx

hi could you please advise how did you submit letter from Gp and consent form to immigration? consent for should signed by whom?

i am still waiting for passport for baby.

thank you

Hi all

just to know if anyone has done this before

My baby is just 4 months old and CO asked for emedical consent and Gp report which we have given now but i just called Bupa to see if again Co will ask for paper medical but bupa said they dnt do medical of babies less than 6 month old and co should not ask for it also.

And does anyone know how to fasten up to get new born baby indian passport as they said it can take 4-6 weeks but just wondering if theiris any way to make it quicker?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Edited by mai887
correction

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]User Name[/TD]

[TD]Application date[/TD]

[TD]Case Officer[/TD]

[TD]Visa Grant[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pss[/TD]

[TD]24/03/2016[/TD]

[TD]11/8/2016[/TD]

[TD]6/9/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mel[/TD]

[TD]25/03/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]15/08/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sammy3175[/TD]

[TD]28/03/2016[/TD]

[TD]10/8/2016[/TD]

[TD]7/9/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4April887[/TD]

[TD]4/4/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]stellamoon[/TD]

[TD]8/4/2016[/TD]

[TD]1/9/2016[/TD]

[TD]27/09/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Eleven4[/TD]

[TD]11/4/2016[/TD]

[TD]1/9/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12April2016[/TD]

[TD]12/4/2016[/TD]

[TD]29/08/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]daubao14Aprk[/TD]

[TD]14/04/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]31/08/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bal67[/TD]

[TD]15/04/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]31/08/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487887[/TD]

[TD]18/04/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]30/08/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]punj[/TD]

[TD]24/04/2016[/TD]

[TD]8/9/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28Apr887[/TD]

[TD]28/04/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]8/9/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]raja23[/TD]

[TD]3/5/2016[/TD]

[TD]20/9/2016[/TD]

[TD]5/10/16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Shahab[/TD]

[TD]10/5/2016[/TD]

[TD]22/9/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]May 11.[/TD]

[TD]11/5/2016[/TD]

[TD]26/9/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]887visa[/TD]

[TD]11/5/2016[/TD]

[TD]5/10/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]496to887[/TD]

[TD]11/5/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]19/09/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]angelnoxfxx[/TD]

[TD]17/05/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]5/10/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rav002[/TD]

[TD]26/05/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]5/10/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]manas[/TD]

[TD]31/05/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5June887[/TD]

[TD]5/6/2016[/TD]

[TD]6/10/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jun887[/TD]

[TD]10/6/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Miranda887[/TD]

[TD]10/6/2016[/TD]

[TD]6/10/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ambar[/TD]

[TD]11/6/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4/10/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]judagevisa[/TD]

[TD]13/06/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21June[/TD]

[TD]21/06/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10July16[/TD]

[TD]10/7/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Leo[/TD]

[TD]12/7/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17July2016[/TD]

[TD]17/07/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]870601[/TD]

[TD]19/07/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nikss9979[/TD]

[TD]27/07/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29July[/TD]

[TD]29/07/2016[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by 5June887

hi miranda887,

so how you going to prove functional english ?

im in same situation.

You have 28 days to respond. Do you think your partner can take an exam and provide it within that timeframe? Exam results are known after 13 business days.

If your partner did it before why ask again? Of, course they need money...

You have 28 days to respond. Do you think your partner can take an exam and provide it within that timeframe? Exam results are known after 13 business days.

If your partner did it before why ask again? Of, course they need money...

i have booked PTE for my wife which i early next month. i spoke to agent he said you can ask for extension of time and give them reciept of test booked.

for me coz i have applied for passport of newborn child given them reciept of it and it's gonna take few weeks anyway.

I am the secondary applicant. I took IELTS (General) three years ago and the average score was 7.0 and each band was higher than 6.5. Now I have to prove my English still functions after living in Australia for more than two years. Fortunately, I booked IELTS of this Saturday for myself one month ago and special thanks for those who mentioned CO asked for evidence of function English even though they submitted the previous one when they applied for visa 489.

Good luck to all of us!

I am the secondary applicant. I took IELTS (General) three years ago and the average score was 7.0 and each band was higher than 6.5. Now I have to prove my English still functions after living in Australia for more than two years. Fortunately, I booked IELTS of this Saturday for myself one month ago and special thanks for those who mentioned CO asked for evidence of function English even though they submitted the previous one when they applied for visa 489.

Good luck to all of us!

Hi Miranda

Your IELTS would be valid within 3 years. Is it within 3 years or beyond?

hi august

Yeah. You are right. Functional English validate 12 months.

He/she would be considered as competent English. Which is valid 3 years.

http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-competent-english

Hi 12April2016,

My understanding from that site is

Is he/ she applying as a primary applicant?

If yes, then there is no requirement.

If no, then functional English would be the requirement which is valid for 12 months.

Below is extracted from that site. Hope, it would help

Evidence of English language ability – dependent applicant(s)

• Evidence of Functional English for each dependent applicant who is 18 years or older at the time this application is lodged. Evidence of Functional English can be provided up until the time the application is decided

---------------------------------------------------------

• An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result of an average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing. Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

Edited by august
info added

Good luck to all of us!

So did I for my wife. Booked straight away when I learnt it. Thanks a lot who shared it! Once again check out English requirements before you are assigned a CO.

Functional : average 4.5 valid for 1 year

Competent : min 5 in each band valid for 3 years.

thanks JJWen

well we are three people that includes my daughter ...who have applied for 887 visa

and my previous visa was 489

and i have applied by myself..

if you need any more information you can ask anytime..

thank you for replying! Ambar, you are so nice. hope I have the same luck like you. I apply on 11/7/16 by myself as well and only 1 person , my previous visa also 489. wish the gold email come directly :jiggy: wish you and your family all the best !:notworthy:

Yes.. My wife submitted her Graduate degree certificate...that was accepted for functional English when she applied for the 489.

Can the secondary applicant provide certification which states that English is the medium of instruction for a 4-year degree instead of providing IELTS. I am pretty sure somebody has done this in this forum.

@29July16 Hi, is your wife's graduate program two-year full-time or you mean actually a 4-year full-time bachelor program? I'm interested because I have a master degree taught by English but I don't know if it is acceptable for CO as evidence of functional English. Thank you in advance.

Hi Miranda,

It was a 3 year full time Bachelor degree from India. Medium of instruction was English. I submitted a notarized copy of the certificate and it was accepted.

Your master degree would be acceptable too. It is one of the items mentioned don the checklist to prove functional English