exploitation and being threatened of visa by former employer

memphis

Hey guys, just bit of question in certain circumstances when applying for permanent residency visa for my friend.

my friend could be able to be granted with regional sponsorship visa after gaining his working experience at the first workplace after graduation.

However, my friend was exploited and underpaid at his second workplace right before he was granted with regional area sponsorship visa and move to regional areas.

After he was granted with regional area sponsorship visa, he fulfilled all the requirement of the visa. And then, he applied for permanent residency visa. And he sent a letter of demand to his previous company and demanded the outstanding payment that his previous employer owed him.

but his previous employer threatened him by saying that he is going to cancel my friend's visa by reporting to the immigration department if he doesn't withdraw his demand and that my friend was the one who breached the previous visa conditions, which were all false claims.

So his migration agent uploaded the document explaining about his exploitation situation with his second workplace to prevent any adverse situation that might be happen.

He is wondering if there will be any negative effect on his visa application if his employer raise some false claims against him to immigration department.

And does he have to hire immigration lawyer who is more specialized in this area?