Guest ems

Not Such Good News

Guest ems

Got a phone call today from O'Grady saying RAH had been in touch and their occupational Health dept have put a restriction on my duties of 10 kg due to a previous whiplash injury. In turn meaning they wouldn't employ me:arghh::sad:.

They have however given me the opportunity to get another report from a doctor which would need to include things like: time of work with problems, which is about 4 wks over 5 years, nothing compared to the time some people take of work for no reason. Plus any restrictions placed on my practice due to whiplash (which is none).

I've got an appointment with occy health where i work on monday to see if the doctor will write a more detailed report. Just praying they will listen to this report.

Emma:sad::sad:

Guest Django

The b***ers :arghh:

If you haven't got any restrictions this end and you can perform your duties then I don't see why they feel they should inflict such restrictions their end????

Keep us updated Emma I'm sure common sense will prevail.

Pete

Guest caoimhe

Good luck on Monday Emma, I'm sure your really upset.

Hope it all goes well:wubclub:

Guest ems

Thanks guys. Its not even as though i'd had the car accident since i've been a nurse. I was accepted by the uni for my training after the accident. Just had to see occy health, they looked at my neck and said basically just to know my limitations, which i do and as long as don't try physically lifting a heavy patient by myself i'm fine (which no nurse does as we have manual handling procedures).

I just can't wait till tonight, need a few vodkas i think.

RAH just covering themselves, haven't said NO and are giving you this chance to prove it will be ok. Keeping fingers crossed for you, I know it will be a worry until it's sorted anyway.

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma

So sorry lovey, what a pain in the B hind... I'm sure once they get a more detailed report from occ health and the realise you have been working with no restriction since, like the others have said common sense will prevail!!! I know that doesn't really help how you feel at the mo, because until you get the ok it will always be on your mind. Good Luck lovey keep intouch.

Cara xxxx

Guest ems

Just a quick update. RAH have been in touch with O'Grady again and said they will only except a report from an Occupational physician or an Orthopaedic surgeon. I will speak to occy health and see if they will refer me if not then it will have to be through the GP, so god knows how long that'll be. If its going to be long I might have a look at seeing one privately, that will probably cost a small fortune though.

Thanks for comments guys, I'm still looking on the bright side and I'm not going to give up. It means to much and besides, I have sold just about everything I own and am living at my parents.

I'll keep you all posted.

Emma.xx

Hi Emma, please don't give up I'm sure everything will work out in the end and you can follow your dream. Good Luck will keep everything crossed.

Jo x

Guest lulu and bailey

dont worry ,i worked at the RAH for 2 weeks, couldnt stand it.......they will take you if your head drops off x

Guest lulu and bailey

might be worth getting out of o'grady and trying clinical one, i think they have a better relationship

Guest happy feet

Hi Lula

i have have a job at RAH going via O'Grady... Can you tell me abit more as too why you didn't like and why not go via O'Grady??????

Thanks

cara

Guest lulu and bailey

OGRADY stated it would take at most 4-6 mnths to get us here in fact it took a year, the house was sold, we were living on other peoples floors etc..it was awful..

our agent woulnd answer our call in the end and i demanded to be delt with by the manager......after consistantly asking for the same info, then saying it hadnt got there..despite me having proof via recoreded delivery, the final excuss was it was lost in sydney and there are lots of people applying at this time of year :arghh: THEY PROVIDED NO AFTER SERVICE AND WE HAVE ONLY HAD A GENERAL EMAIL FROM THEM SINCE ARRIVAL LAST NOV... As for the RAH, im mental health trained !

in oz they do 3 years medical and mental health is post grad so i was expected to do things like remove pic lines (cvp)..id never even heard of them:goofy: .. dont want to put you on a downer so if you want to know more then you can email ally.my@gmail.com

good luck

Hi Lula

i have have a job at RAH going via O'Grady... Can you tell me abit more as too why you didn't like and why not go via O'Grady??????

Thanks

cara

Guest ems

Hey everyone. Quick update. Got an e-mail today from O'Grady and it's a YES from RAH:) :). Couldn't believe it had to take a deep breath before i opened the e-mail. Better get everything sorted out now things are back on track. C u all in a few months.xx :) :) (sorry can't stop smiling)

Guest Hansonhouse

That's great news, well done for persevering (?? spelling)

Enjoy the rest of the journey

Roz

Guest happy feet

Emma, that's brillant news i'm so pleased fo you... Maybe we wil both be there for Jan.. yEEEEEEPe

keep in touch, really pleased lovey

Cara xxx

Hi Emma that's great news I'm still waiting for my visa nomination number hopefully it will be here soon. Got flights booked for 11th March.

It would be great for all us nurses to get together when we all finally get there.:)

Jo x

Guest ems

Hi guys.

It will be great for us all to meet up when we get there. I think it will be a well deserved few drinks in the sun. Hopefully you will get your visa nomination number soon Jo, they e-mailed mine yesturday so just got to get a few more bits countersigned (which i'll do tomorrow) then forms can be sent of. How did you all do the vaccinations report? Did you do it through you G.P? :) xx

Guest Django
    sorry can't stop smiling

Don't apologise Emma you smile away. I was wondering what was happening regarding their attitude towards your back. I am so pleased it turned out okay. Get back on the planning thing and get Alicia out here she will love it.;)

Pete

Guest ems

Cheers Pete. Hope things are going well for you and your finding your way round. I will get Alicia there as soon as possible. Good luck with everything.xx

Hi Emma, I got my contract of employment today so another step closer so hope to get visa nomination soon. The vaccination form I got my info from Occ. Health at work and GP. When are you hoping to get to Adelaide and any ideas on where you want to live?

Jo x