antlet

Which bank is best?

As question asks.....which bank in Adelaide is best to deal with, charges, and setting up from overseas prior to arrival???

Thanks a million

Guest Aussie pat

I'm reluctant to give out advice re the best bank to go with so I'll leave that up to some of the experts. Just to let you know that some of the banks i.e. Commonwealth and Westpac have migrant liaison officers. We have been using the Commonwealth Bank service and it's excellent. The woman we deal with has helped in lots of ways, including issuing cheques for paying deposits for accomodation on arrival. It makes it much easier having a named person who you can contact for help. When we arrive she will meet with us and hand us our new credit cards etc. on the day we arrive, one less hassle to worry about.

Guest Guest75

I feel most are the same here but some of the charges vary.

BankSA is my principle bank and I'm happy enough with them.

I'm lucky enough to have a great local branch in Morphett Vale,the staff know me and tend to stay there - rare to have bank staff greet you by you first name.

We used Westpac initially but the cards etc that we were promised would be ready on arrival didn't show up and we had to wait a week before we received them.

In the end we went with Bank SA - can't fault them (and the cards were received before the Westpac ones!)

Lea

We initally also used Westpac, since arriving we now have them & the Commonwealth, charges apply to most accounts here.

Guest HALT

We have used the Commonwealth bank and think they are excellent. Really helpfuland great having a named person to contact. We have had some complicated issues in the UK to deal with and they have been really helpful. Always return your calls when they say they will.