julie-ruth

Currancy issues

Ok this sounds a little odd but is anyone else haven't problems getting Australian Dollars in Britain, we are on our way out in a couple of weeks, so went into town to change the childrens pocket money and get us some money for when we get arrive, only to be told they only had about hundred pounds worth of Oz dollars left and they don't know when they are getting more in apparently Australia is not letting money out at the moment, we was told this is W H Smiths went to Thomas Cook and told the same thing, I don't want to start a scare, but does anyone no whats going on!

This might be an area problem just interested to know if anyone else is having probems.

Julie

Guest colinjez

Try Hifx online currency service. Next day delivery, no charge for orders over £500 . I got some last week. They had run out on the wednesday but had re-stocked by Thursday.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    Ok this sounds a little odd but is anyone else haven't problems getting Australian Dollars in Britain, we are on our way out in a couple of weeks, so went into town to change the childrens pocket money and get us some money for when we get arrive, only to be told they only had about hundred pounds worth of Oz dollars left and they don't know when they are getting more in apparently Australia is not letting money out at the moment, we was told this is W H Smiths went to Thomas Cook and told the same thing, I don't want to start a scare, but does anyone no whats going on!

This might be an area problem just interested to know if anyone else is having probems.

Julie

Last week my Mother-in-law had the same problem at Lloyds bank (gutted if they can't come;)) although my father had no trouble at his local Post Office, worth looking at Travelex http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/personal/rateslist.aspx and you are able to order them and to pick them up when you get to the airport,

Guzzler

yes we have been trying to change some, some days been lucky other days they havent had any in had to order it and heard of people struggling too

didnt know that oz wasnt letting any money out though thanks for that

suexxx

Guest ozzy wannabe

Dads due out again in 5 weeks:jiggy:he lives in Bournemouth and he went to 4 shops last week and all had sold out, in the end one of then said that they would call him when more came in.