Scousemouse

Tafe sa

Hallo efreybodee,

anyone sent their kids to TAFE? Just applied for the eldest to go in January; he ain't keen, but lifes a b*tch innit?:err:

Just wanted some honest opinion on the courses, campus etc........if anyone knows please tell all.

Jane

Guest Django
    Just applied for the eldest to go in January; he ain't keen, but lifes a b*tch innit?:err:

HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaI think I've just woke Niamh up laughing.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

It's not like school and there are people of all ages there. He'll prob enjoy it. Most of the courses through TAFE are more practical based than uni ones.

Practical is good; James is not hugely academic, more of a doer......when he's prodded with a pitchfork:biglaugh:.

He wants to be a mechanic, muck magnet more like!! Not much doing for that, tho'.

Poor Niamh, shush little baby, or he'll be up with the phenergans!

Guest katsmajic

Im at TAFE at Noarlunga, its chilled, laid back etc, mostly based round vocational education - hands on etc.

Theres lots of mixed age groups in there and lots of support for students.

My 16yr old goes there too and loves it as they dont treat her like a kid apparently...

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Hi my daughter is at Noarlunga Tafe, very chilled from what she tells me, wanted her to go back to school but she wasnt having any of it,luckly she agreed on Tafe and is enjoying it, she has even enrolled to stay on

Hi All,

good news. James has got an offer of a place at the city campus:); the course is in computer science stuff (dead easy, apparently).......starts in February.

got to pay up front:sad: and within the next 10 days!!

Oh, it will be fine, as long as the case officer now believes he IS dependent on his dear old mum for life, living and paying his way...........

Thanks for all your help guys.

See you in 24 days, yay

Jane

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Hi Jane

Glad he has got a place,yes the fees are quite high, we got a slight reduction due to our visa, but still a bit of a shock at the cost

Thanks, nicky and co.

i see it as an investment......the more quals he gets, the better jobs he can apply for, the more he can save for my nursing home :biglaugh:....

He is looking forward to having about 2 months to orientate himself to the area, meet people and realise oz is as laid back as he wants it to be!