Sign in to follow this  
Guest markshelley

License for Site Management

Guest markshelley

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help with the following:

Im going for a visa through the 175 carpentry route, but i have been in site management for the past 6 years and i was wondering if you need to have any kind of management license to get a job over there?

I do have my city&guilds carpentry and joinery and a Diploma in Site management plus all sorts of general qualifications done whilst ive been a manager but i suppose none of the stuff ive done will stand for anything over there other than my city&guilds.

So is a license needed?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help with the following:

Im going for a visa through the 175 carpentry route, but i have been in site management for the past 6 years and i was wondering if you need to have any kind of management license to get a job over there?

I do have my city&guilds carpentry and joinery and a Diploma in Site management plus all sorts of general qualifications done whilst ive been a manager but i suppose none of the stuff ive done will stand for anything over there other than my city&guilds.

So is a license needed?

Mark,

It will depend who you work for. If you work for some firms you will need to get your supervisors licence, but i have not had to get one with the firm i am working for. I am told if you have a licence it does open up jobs who pay better but dont know if that makes the job more secure. Some of the interviews i went to said about getting the licence some did not so not essential to get work.

You will have to get your white card (old green card) to work on any site but my firm payed for that. Dont think it costs too much and is straight forward.

I know there are other places that you can go to with regard the licence if thats the way you want to go but maybe do a search on net for the MBA ( master builders assoc) who are on South Terrace in the CBD which is where i had to do my white card course ( 6 hours sitting listenening to a guy telling you what answers to write down!!)