Best beaches?

suzer

Guest Kazzarazza

Best place for me, for lazy Sunday lunch and walk is Henley Beach, with endless choice of eateries and lovely beach and jetty. Second choice would be Semaphore, lunch at somewhere like the Palais , or walk up and down Semaphore Road with cafes and take aways, or picnic on the lawn - nice beach and also a jetty. Larg Pier Hotel also a good choice for Sunday lunch but a bit more expensive since it's been done up.

Best place for me, for lazy Sunday lunch and walk is Henley Beach, with endless choice of eateries and lovely beach and jetty. Second choice would be Semaphore, lunch at somewhere like the Palais , or walk up and down Semaphore Road with cafes and take aways, or picnic on the lawn - nice beach and also a jetty. Larg Pier Hotel also a good choice for Sunday lunch but a bit more expensive since it's been done up.

Definately agree with those choices. Also Glenelg (more people though) If it's a quieter day you want, Maslin beach is great (although you'll have to take your own food or have lunch at Mcclaren Vale) I'm talking about the clad part by the way :biglaugh:

Aldinga is also nice however we're not keen on the cars on the beach although I know this benefits some.

The list could go on and on as there some beaut beaches about. Used to like going to Sellicks as it's beautiful there as well but the flies :nah:

Have a great day whichever one you decide on :jiggy:

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Suzer,

Depends on what you want to do at the beach, if it's for a long walk then the beaches from North Haven down to Glenelg are great, one great big long stretch, with Henley being the best to stop and have a drink and a bite to eat... For a swim then i'd say the further north then the calmer the water... Then if you want to Body Board then go south, we go to Moana, but Goolwa is supposed to have the best waves...

For allround use then it has to be Port noarlunga, cafes,jetty and if you want waves Southport beach just along the shore.For a drive on........ Sellicks/Silver sands/Aldinga. For decent scenery try port willunga or Maslins andthen drive the coast road from Seaford to Port Noarlunga, then over the hill to Christies. If you want an energetic walk, try Hallett Cove , its got stones and a protected park area with ancient rock formations.......going back to ice age..........HC used to be attached to Antartica. Seacliff is easy to get to with a pub, which you can then go to Brighton with reataurants..........................and then as said Henley ,Semaphore etc, but not as nice scenery wise, but maybe with a bar or too

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Thanks for all the suggestions. May narrow it down to Glenelg, Henley (depending on whether I go next weekend for the meet up) or Hallett Cove (must eventually see what all the fuss is about!).

Dont get to excited about Hallett Cove, it is lovely for a walk and to collect beautifull stones, the board walk to Marino is faNtastic, dont expect to swim, I wouldnt there are too many rocks!

Saw a shark there last year too..............was a way out but there all the same!!!!!!!!!!