Shark...!!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:)Not to alarm anyone but i saw my first shark last week...!!!!!

But the troube is no one believes me:huh:.

As i was sat on top of the cliff at Selicks Beach just next to the ramp, i looked down to see about 30 feet out what at first you (or i ) thought was a dolphin.......but then i noticed that its tail was from top to bottom in a sideways motion, not side to side in a up and down notion, if you know what i mean:goofy:. I have seen loads of dolphins out here now and this was no dolphin, about 6 foot long and working its way along the beach............any ideas...? maybe a bronze whaler.

PS.. also me and heaps good had a 3-4 foot across ray come up to us while fishing at Southport beach on thursday.

Guest Guest75

I believe you :)

Did you move all the empty booze bottles when you'd finished??

The sharks are everywhere but very unusual for one to come in so close.

The Dogfish are spawning like mad at the moment and leaving their egg cases in the shallows - lots of whiting come to feast,then snapper,then sharks on the snapper.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
:pdeffo no beer involved , it was 10 in the morning on my t break, as it moved along it did swirl every now and then as if to go for some smaller fish.

Cant imagine the time of day would make any difference to you!!!:biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

No I do believe you I saw one once off the beach at HC.

You can tell the dif in fins, and the way they swim. Dolphins bodies come out the water as they swim along, and the fins lean back a bit, whales fins tip over at the top but SHARRRRRRRRRKs fins are triangular and they swim through the water without showing their body.

That is if that makes any sence:err: I know what I mean!:chatterbox:

Would liked to have seen that.

There was a few of us walking from Brighton to Glenelg beach the other day and we saw a fisherman had caught something, it was obviously quite big as the rod was bent over quite a lot. So we stood and watched him play it and eventually bring it back to shore. When he got it in it was a Stingray, beautiful thing on the sand flapping like a bird.

He wasn't fishing for them just Whiting, said he only used half a Prawn.

Let it go of course, good to see tho.

As i was sat on top of the cliff at Selicks Beach just next to the ramp, i looked down to see about 30 feet out what at first you (or i ) thought was a dolphin.......but then i noticed that its tail was from top to bottom in a sideways motion, not side to side in a up and down notion, if you know what i mean:goofy:. I have seen loads of dolphins out here now and this was no dolphin, about 6 foot long and working its way along the beach............any ideas...? maybe a bronze whaler.

PS.. also me and heaps good had a 3-4 foot across ray come up to us while fishing at Southport beach on thursday.

Yer avin a laff man.............i know you as been stressed lately but sharks here your kidding.......:biglaugh:.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

As i was sat on top of the cliff at Selicks Beach just next to the ramp, i looked down to see about 30 feet out what at first you (or i ) thought was a dolphin.......but then i noticed that its tail was from top to bottom in a sideways motion, not side to side in a up and down notion, if you know what i mean. I have seen loads of dolphins out here now and this was no dolphin, about 6 foot long and working its way along the beach............any ideas...? maybe a bronze whaler.

Sharks in the sea, whatever next :shocked:;),

Guzzler

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you were probably right Graham as there have been a few sightings quite close to shore in the last few weeks. Willunga was cleared on Wednesday by shark patrols who spotted a white pointer (I believe) 20m from shore. Think the same fella has also caused the ocean to be cleared at Moana and Christies in the last week - sounds like he's looking for his Christmas dinner:emoticon-signxmas: - last report was that fishing boats were trying to encourage it back out to sea!

Lindsey

Guest graandjac
Looks like you were probably right Graham as there have been a few sightings quite close to shore in the last few weeks. Willunga was cleared on Wednesday by shark patrols who spotted a white pointer (I believe) 20m from shore. Think the same fella has also caused the ocean to be cleared at Moana and Christies in the last week - sounds like he's looking for his Christmas dinner:emoticon-signxmas: - last report was that fishing boats were trying to encourage it back out to sea!

Lindsey

Thanks Lindsey someone belives me:winkxmas: and Port Noarlunga was closed on day this week so thats 4 other sightings in the past 2 weeks......ahhhh