Arriving Saturday 28th!!

Guest nickinoodle

Guest nickinoodle

Hey everyone,

We're virtually PIA virgins,but here we are announcing that we will finally be arriving in Adelaide on Saturday 28th March.

Its taken us the best part of three years to get to this,so it's kind of hard to believe that we've made it.....we first tried under last remaining relative (my folks live in Hallett Cove!),but Paul has too many family members for us to qualify.Then we tried for a skilled visa (I'm a chef) and my TRA got turned down on a technicality.It finally got accepted and then the application got turned down on another technicality,so we appealed and got it overtuned at the beginning of September.From then on we've been on a fast track,as my mum has been campaigning against our unfair decisions and had MP's and suchlike championing our case,and made sure that the visas were rushed through.

Funnily enough,the easiest part of all of this was actually selling the house.It went on the market in early Nov and sold end of Jan.

Family goodbyes have been said,just got to get through the farewell party with friends tomorrow night!

We'll be staying in Hallett Cove with my parents until we figure things out...not ideal,but saves money!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,and we look forward to starting our new life 'downunder' and hopefully catching up with some of you guys too.:D

Wow Congrats. As a child we used to do the family holiday thing in Felixstowe. There was a certain shop that sold massive cream buns that would be bought and then consumed in the gardens. We used to stay in the caravan park and always before whit cos it was cheaper.

It will give you an easier start in some ways staying with your parents as it gives you somewhere free to stay while you look around. Have your parents been here long?