Guest WoodMartin

Introducing ourselves... we're new!

Guest WoodMartin

Hi everyone,

I have been watching Poms in Adelaide for a while now (see our timeline, it's been a long wait!) and now we finally have our visa decided to join up! I have already found this forum a really informative and friendly place, and now we can finally make the move down under wanted to get more involved. I've already seen there a loads of helpful people around who'll make our move a whole lot easier.

There are just the two of us:

• Alison - Vocational Trainer - Food Safety, Hospitality, Health and Safety, Customer Service
    • Alan - IT Professional, SQL Report Writing (no, me neither) and so on

I've lived in Oz years ago, and after taking a holiday there two years ago managed to convince Alan it would be a good move! We are now thinking of October as a good time for us to move, this will all depend on the house sale (or not).

Alison

VISITED OZ - February 2007

DECISION MADE - March 2007

AGENT APPOINTED - May 2007

TRA APPLICATION, BUT THEY CHANGED THE RULES - August 2007

VETASSESS APPROVED - November 2007

SA SPONSORSHIP - January 2008

IELTS RESULT (8.5) - January 2008

VISA APPLICATION (475) - February 2008

...waiting...waiting...waiting...

CASE OFFICER ALLOCATED - January 2009

POLICE CHECKS SENT - February 2009

MEDICAL RESULTS RECEIVED IN OZ - March 10th 2009

VISA GRANTED - 18th March 2009

Guest Django

Hiya A & A,

Welcome out of the shadows and into the light of the forum. ;)

October is a good time to come over. We came over in September and it is much easier running around here there and everywhere in relatively cooler weather.

To add you signature just click on the 'Quick Links+' button at the top of the page And then the 5th option should be 'Edit Signature'.

Pete

Yes congrats for making the jump from Lurker to participant. good luck with your new life'

Welcome to PIA......its a great place.....its full of the good, the bad, and the ugly :jiggy:

But an absolute wealth of information.

Guest back clan

I hope everything goes well with your move and your house sale. We are in the same boat as you hoping to sell our house and make the move in September. Good luck.

lesley, Ian and Louise

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi Alison,

Congratulations on fiinally getting your visa, and it's nice to see you posting on here...

We'll have to catch up when you get out there.. we'll be there in June, we'll have to have a swapping notes session!

It made me laugh when I read Alan's profession - I do a bit of SQL repporting in my job and it made me giggle.

If you need any help or info, just shout.

Lisa.

Guest WoodMartin

Thanks everyone for your words of welcome.

We are just starting to 'declutter' the house - OMG where does it all come from?! Our theory is to do a little bit each day or week and it will soon be down to a sensible amount. I'm sure there will be tons of stuff we want/need to take over for sentimental reasons so I don't want to cart all our not-so-sentimental stuff to the other side of the world to have it sit untouched on a bookshelf like it has here for the past ten years! Is that unreasonable?!!

How is it possible to have FOUR spare computer keyboards?

Have just decided to thin out our old photo albums - get a box online and send it off (£50 for 200 pics, £150 for 1000 pics) and get them all back on a CD. That'll make loads of space and make the house look better for buyers I hope. Next job will be to convince Alan to 'reduce' the quantity of books he has accumulated.

Ali

Guest Guest75
    Thanks everyone for your words of welcome.

We are just starting to 'declutter' the house - OMG where does it all come from?! Our theory is to do a little bit each day or week and it will soon be down to a sensible amount. I'm sure there will be tons of stuff we want/need to take over for sentimental reasons so I don't want to cart all our not-so-sentimental stuff to the other side of the world to have it sit untouched on a bookshelf like it has here for the past ten years! Is that unreasonable?!!

How is it possible to have FOUR spare computer keyboards?

Have just decided to thin out our old photo albums - get a box online and send it off (£50 for 200 pics, £150 for 1000 pics) and get them all back on a CD. That'll make loads of space and make the house look better for buyers I hope. Next job will be to convince Alan to 'reduce' the quantity of books he has accumulated.

Ali

Good luck with the declutter,it amazing what you can find!

I had to give up entire book collections,hundred of albums and so on - still managed to stuff a 20ft container!

You have to be pretty firm about it all but it looks like you are making a good start.

We sold valuable antiques that meant nothing to us and daft trinkets that have some funny memory attached.

Best of luck with the house sale.

Oh and Welcome:D

Welcome Alison & Alan,

This is a great site and everybody is very helpful. Good luck with preparations for the big move and the de-cluttering of your belongings. We have yet to do that and I don't really know where to start.

Alison x

Guest graandjac

:DWelcome guys, yes its a great site, with every question answered, good luck with the house sale....Adelaide awaits