Got the visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest brandyslad

Guest brandyslad
Just wanted to add our congratualtions, we also started this process Feb 07 so we know this feeling is the best ever!! We got the Visa in Dec. but still smiling - also we have booked to validate (in 30 days times :)) when do you plan to make the move?

Thank you ... we have flights booked for 20th May. Less than 7 weeks now, so much to do, but delighted to be heading out. We got a good deal on our flights - £387 out of Heathrow with Cathay Pacific. I need to send my passport away, I didn't get time to do it this week, want to make sure I do it right.

Have you organised somewhere to stay for landing?

Guest Snape Family

Congratulations, the timing is excellant.

I get a lovely warm feeling when I hear of others getting their visas it's brings back the feelings we had at the time.

Enjoy the celebrations you've passed a major milestone in the process so they're well deserved.

all the best

Tracey

Guest brandyslad

Ah I am so delighted, I couldn't wait to get on PIA to tell everyone, simply because nobody here would understand how much works goes into getting the visa, I swear they just think I rang up the embassy and asked them was there room for two more Irish people!!

I was so pleased after all the work I put into it. And also everyone on here was able to offer encouragement and answer questions, I could not have done it without this forum.

I must be on a roll, cos I just won £50 on the national with a 50p bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Snape Family

How did you book your flights? did you go direct to Cathay, I believe they will do a special deal if you are emigrating. I am currently researching flights and can't get anywhere near that price.

thanks

Tracey

Thank you ... we have flights booked for 20th May. Less than 7 weeks now, so much to do, but delighted to be heading out. We got a good deal on our flights - £387 out of Heathrow with Cathay Pacific. I need to send my passport away, I didn't get time to do it this week, want to make sure I do it right.

Have you organised somewhere to stay for landing?

Guest brandyslad
How did you book your flights? did you go direct to Cathay, I believe they will do a special deal if you are emigrating. I am currently researching flights and can't get anywhere near that price.

thanks

Tracey

I booked through lastminute.com. I had been flight shopping for months checking out which was best I had them for £353 at one stage but was too wary of booking them before the visa came thro. The two best sites I found were travelsupermarket.com and lastminute.com. I tried phoning Dial a Flight too but they were over £475 for the same flight.

We are going out at 22:35, which gives us time to fly from Belfast into Heathrow, our flights with Aer Lingus were only £25.

Guest hel&sam

congrats, i'm still grinning and floating on air even though i've not sold the house, (1 viewer in three weeks) but it'l go eventually. booked validation trip for october though. You're so lucky to be able to go that soon, enjoy!!

Guest Martin and Val
After being given my redundancy notice yesterday for the 1st May and fretting about that all night, woke up this morning to a lovely email telling me we have been granted our visa!

Excellent timing for us personally. On a high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and good luck for the future plans.

Martin and Val