When is this raing gonna stop!!?

likesshopping

Guest happy-jools

Just like to add that this rain is making me purely miserable too.

Dont know if anyone else in the country experiencing the same thing, but when I wake and 6am the sun is cracking the pavements, then at 7.30 it goes away until around the same time at night.

So hence most of the day stuck indoor with two kids tearing the eyes out of each other, and me and steve looking purely Pi**** Off.

Like Steve says, most of the world of having global warming wheras England is going through the ICE AGE.

:mad::mad:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mOZzy

absolutly same here :(

you get up in the morning and it looks rather promising ... then an hour later the rain starts .. till the evening

stuck indoors with 2 little ones :confused:

but what a great thunderstorm we had the other night!! :D

Guest Aussiebound

Yep. Same here, stays dry long enough to get the washing out, half hour later its raining again.

Touch wood though, we have had a glorious day today and tomorrow forecast similar.

Rain again for monday though.

Thanks for the piccies Lisa, it looks lovely.

Sarah

Guest mOZzy

ohh ohhhh ohhhh very promising again!!

no rain yesterday!! and today we actually started off with .. wait for it ... blue sky!!!!

get the paddling pools ready, the portable barbie set up and slap on the lotion ;)

Guest ali@51
Yep. Same here, stays dry long enough to get the washing out, half hour later its raining again.

put a washing line up in the garage and leave the door up a little. It dose dry eventualy and better than useing tumbler( mine broke 3/52 ago neccesity is the mother of invention)

Guest mOZzy

weather update from uk: we had a very promising day yesterday; quite warm and sunny(ish) - in the evening the clouds came back and guess what ..rain rain and more rain :(

BUT new day new try! we are yet again starting off with a bright blue sky and sunny well, nice for once! so fingers crossed

23_33_15.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

Guest happy-jools

Sunny here in the North East which is a rarety. Third day in a row too.

No sign of any rain. Please please let this be the change for good!;);)

Guest mOZzy

nope, we thought we try and head out to legoland!

we got soaked!!!!!!!

well we did have a quick iceacream in the rare hot sunrays sometime along the way

Guest Aussiebound
You'll have some soon Sarah. Its raining here now. :(

Pete

We must have been really lucky, Neil had loads of rain at work yesterday in Lincoln, we haven't had any in Boston now for 4 days!:eek:

The ground might even dry up enough for us to go camping next week!

Sarah

Guest happy-jools

Dont speak too soon Sarah. It may lash down soon, although I hope not as were caravaning it the same week as your camping.xxx

Your overtaking me too almost with those posts.

Think Im just going to add posts to anything to get my count up:D:D:D

Guest Aussiebound
Dont speak too soon Sarah. It may lash down soon, although I hope not as were caravaning it the same week as your camping.xxx

Your overtaking me too almost with those posts.

Think Im just going to add posts to anything to get my count up:D:D:D

That'd be about right - it always rains when we are away. We have a day tent now to go with the tent so we have somewhere to sit at night away from the kids and somewhere to cook when its pouring down! Best money we ever spent!!!

Guest mOZzy

i see you are well prepared for uk camping ;)

and jools, i am not sure if you actually can keep up with sarah now she's overtaken you - she IS a chatterbox after all :P

Guest Aussiebound
i see you are well prepared for uk camping ;)

Hiya

When we go for two weeks at a time we need to be prepared- we need to keep dry and warm. With the English weather as it is we need to take everything but the kitchen sink!:o

And we do this for enjoyment!:confused:

Sarah

Guest mOZzy

well, good luck with the 7_2_200v.gif

it's 28_2_3v.gif here in the southeasth - where will you be going???

we used to do lots of camping (pre children!!!) - haven't taken them .. yet 4_2_105.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

Guest Aussiebound
well, good luck with the 7_2_200v.gif

it's 28_2_3v.gif here in the southeasth - where will you be going???

we used to do lots of camping (pre children!!!) - haven't taken them .. yet 4_2_105.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

We are going to Illfracombe, Devon. Really looking forward to it, just hopes the weather picks up.

Our children love camping - to the point that when we went to Ibiza in May they just couldn't understand where we was going to put the tent!

Sure whatever the weather we'll have a great time!!!;)

Sarah

Guest ralph n bev

Well it forcast rain for last weekend and we were going off for a couple of nights, we still picked up the kids from school on Friday.

But we cancelled Malham Cove (our fave see avatar pic) with the tent, and took the caravan to York instead.

A place called Goose Wood , its got a great adventure play ground, no pub/ club , but we take our own;)

We went into York on Saturday walked around the walls and went to the museum , had a buffet lunch at the Jumbo (yum yum)£5 for adults £3 for kids and it didnt rain once.

All weekend.

We came home Sunday afternoon, as we got to leeds it started throwing it down , when we got to Castleford (where we store the caravan) it started hail stoning!! big massive ones.We sat in the car for 20 mins till it stopped.

Once back home in Wakefield my mum said it had rained all weekend.

It forcast rain today but ive dried the washing outside.

Just wish they could get the forcast right once in a while!!

Bev:D

Guest mOZzy

that all sounds rather nice ... i quite fancy going camping again ;)

but can you believe it: i am thinking about turning the heating on

36_1_64.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

Guest nikkiandlee

I was thinking that yet opted for a thick winter jumper, we have had 3 days of no rain but not much sun either:( Still heres hoping that at some point in August we may have some sun, to edge bets we are going to Malta for a week My brothers getting married there!!! We have drissel today though!

Guest ralph n bev
Come to the East-Mid meet and pitch a tent. ;) Who knows it may stop raining by then. :D

Pete

We are looking forward to the meet, though were taking the caravan instead of the tent, just incase, with it being like it is a lately.

Ralph has bought a big 4 foot Aussie flag , which hes going to fasten to a fishing rod thingy , and fly it high, so you'll know where we are, even if we dont know who you are....

Bev;)