csobrien1966

our trip to uluru

Awesome photos !! You were lucky with the weather and got some beautiful colours. When I went to Uluru it was cloudy and we never saw it go red at sunset. It really is so much bigger than you think it is.

If you can't get to Uluru, it is a little known fact that Australia's 2nd largest monolith (Uluru being the largest) is Mount Wudinna on the Eyre Peninsular. Nowhere near as big and very much ignored and overlooked. When we went there there was nobody else in sight!! Well worth a visit if you are headed that way.

Guest graandjac

:notworthy:Great pics Chris, we have only just started to explore and cant wait to go further a field , for us its these sought of trips that bring the family together ......its not just about theme parks and spending heaps on the kids......VERY jelous.

Guest doje6863

Fantastic pics! Can you give us an idea of where you stayed, flew with etc. In fact, a full itinery would be perfect:)

thanks

donna

some photos of our trip a few weeks ago

quite simply amazing!

Fantastic pics! Can you give us an idea of where you stayed, flew with etc. In fact, a full itinery would be perfect:)

thanks

donna

We actually drove

We left seaford and went to port augusta approx 4 hours and stayed a night in a cabin there.

We then left in the morning and drove approx 5.5 hours to Coober Pedy (what a strange place)

but interesting. Stayed there for a night as well in a cabin. Then drove another approx

6.5 hours to Ayers rock campground. We pitched our tents there for 3 nights GREAT

site 2 swimming pools, playgrounds for the kids.

the cabins on the way sleep 4 and around $100 for the night.

http://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/arrcamp/

LOVED IT!

Guest ben&sharon

What fantastic photos. Just can't wait to get there and start exploring for ourselves! :D

Hi lovely photos

were going to cooper pedy ,uluru then alice springs

next holidays we are driving there

concerned about petrol stations are they plenty

or do we need a jerry can

also ant tips you can pass on

thankyou

Guest guest3462

I can't wait to go to uluru! Your photos are fantastic. I think we'd quite like to drive there too, did you find it ok driving for so long with the young ones?

JC xx

Guest nurse sue

great pics, reminds me of when i went about 14 years ago :D

i went by coach ... stayed in the hostel for 4 nights. walked around the base (knackering!!~) then the next day went round the base on the back of a harley davidson - awesome way to see the area!!

one of the hostel workers told us the rock turns black when it rains ...