Guest bentkitty

Got the visa - how to arrange short term accommodation for arrival?

Guest bentkitty

Ok we got the visa, now the hard part begins! Apologies in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section :)

We are looking to move to Adelaide in approximately 3-4 months, currently doing the paperwork for our cat so we can book her into the Melbourne quarantine station. We are not selling our flat in London so our move is thankfully not dependent on the sale of a house.

Our intention is to stay at short term accommodation for a month or so whilst we look for a longer term rental. Are there any good estate agents / websites we can browse for this type of short term lets?? Dont even know where to start!? Do we need references?

Also heard you can apply for a government subsidised basic accommodation, if anyone has any info on that it would be really appreciated!

oh my god it feels so real all of a sudden!!!

Guest darlo 2 adelaide
    Ok we got the visa, now the hard part begins! Apologies in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section :)

We are looking to move to Adelaide in approximately 3-4 months, currently doing the paperwork for our cat so we can book her into the Melbourne quarantine station. We are not selling our flat in London so our move is thankfully not dependent on the sale of a house.

Our intention is to stay at short term accommodation for a month or so whilst we look for a longer term rental. Are there any good estate agents / websites we can browse for this type of short term lets?? Dont even know where to start!? Do we need references?

Also heard you can apply for a government subsidised basic accommodation, if anyone has any info on that it would be really appreciated!

Hiya!

Holiday lets are the best thing to book and you can do this on the ionternet. There are lots of other postings about suggestions of paperwork to bring with you which may help you. There are also agents who can view places for you. The On arrival accomodation isn't for all visa's so I'd check with them direct if I were you. I made this mistake and was really stressed about this just days before we left England. :arghh: I'm sure it'll be one les stress you could do without! If you don't have to start work straight away, Glenelg is a lovely place to stay. I'm sure other people would mention other places though. Good luck with the hunting. It should have warmed up a bit for when you get here! Rental agents probably won't entertain you with you not being here yet.:nah:

I typed in holiday lets on the internet, and its not necessarily cheaper to go for a caravan etc, we got a beautiful rental for about $450 a week in Glenelg.

Sarah.

also check out the new section on short term rentals in our jobs and business adverts section. People who have short term accommodation can advertise there.

Guest Pies

Or you could contact owners on www.stayz.com.au and negotiate for a rate for 30 days or so.....our landlady has also kept the 2 weeks after our projected leaving date open, to give us some leeway - right in the heart of Glenelg, 10 mins walk from beach, Coles, tram, post office, real estate offices etc.

Pies