advice needed

ozzieclare2be

Guest sandar1

Hey I've been there my marriage broke up just after I returned to Oz after 30 years. It is hard I know but the courage that you had in the first place to make such a huge decision and to make a better life for yourself and Alex will prevail. I am so much better for the change, new job, new life, new friends, new house really now enjoying all the same. Don't get me wrong it can be so difficult and very lonely, but I am sure that you have made some friends since you have been here, so keep up those relationships. Going back to the old ones doesn't work as they have split loyalties, and nine times out of ten someone has someone that they want to introduce to your ex, so you find yourself seeking out new friends anyway. Even family that you have known your whole married life split into teams. Give it a try for the next year (with your brother coming that will make it easier). If you want to talk, come and see me at the shop and have a cup of tea my telephone number is 8357 3093 or 8232 2121. All the best and I know you will make the right decision, when you get lonely (and you will its only natural) just get on line here or call me and see how much people do care.

Sandra

Guest Lisado

Hi Claire

I just wanted to say sorry about your news and I am sure for your wee one you will make the right decsision. It wasn't Australia but I divorced my hubby in Birmingham and I decided not to leave Brum and come home to the North East as I loved Brum so much. So me and my wee lad - carried on as we were and then I met my hubby now and we have another wee one and moved back to the NE together. Now we have decided to come over to Australia.

I think you need to go with what you think is best and I hope it all goes well. From what I can see here - you have lots of support and you have given me good advice in the past.

Take care, Lisa

just wanted to say thankyou again for all the messages and advice, offers of help etc. Im very overwhelmed to be honest , just goes to show what a great bunch of people there are on here. :wubclub:. I know i will get there and it wont be easy, im determined though, even if it will be lonely at times, and i cant wait til my brother arrives which was a big factor in me staying as he has permanent residency too yey!!!;)Ive made some great mates too but im open to more would be nice to get together with others in same position x

Guest caoimhe

Hi Clare, just want to wish you the very best of luck. It's easy for me to say but I agree with the other posts, if you could give yourself a year and then make the long term decision. You already have gone through the hard parts, 1st getting here and 2nd splitting with husband. I really hope things work well for you and Alex and that whatever you decide is the best move for you both.