Blasting? Earthquake??

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Is anyone else hearing/ feeling very low subsonic rumbles now and again.

Like very distant but powerful thunder??

I'm down south here in Onkaparinga Hills.

Any blasting going on at the Marino quarry, the new water plant or sewage works.???

I'm worried after watching 2012:goofy::goofy::biglaugh:

Guest WoodMartin

Earlier on (and yesterday morning too now I think of it) I thought I heard thunder, may be the same? I am further north, Norwood, so may be unrelated? Traffic/big lorries was my next guess.

Ali

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Tyke. We are getting them too in West Lakes and at work in Osborne.

The last one (about 5 minutes ago) was not too distant - it made the office windows rattle!

Cheers, Kazza

Guest Kazzarazza

My OH reckons hes' just realised what Media Mike, et al are up to at the Desal plant. The plan has nothing to do with water; it is a cunning and Draconian plot to create thousands of jobs in the building industry when all the houses between North Haven and Naracoorte fall down as a result of daily blasting at Port Stanvac! :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
My OH reckons hes' just realised what Media Mike, et al are up to at the Desal plant. The plan has nothing to do with water; it is a cunning and Draconian plot to create thousands of jobs in the building industry when all the houses between North Haven and Naracoorte fall down as a result of daily blasting at Port Stanvac! :biglaugh:

And people think I drink a lot ...........:biglaugh::biglaugh:;)

I'm wondering whether it is the Desal blasting because I haven't felt any blasts here in Seaford and I don't even feel it blasting when I'm working there! haha

I've just checked and there are no blasting because its too hot so couldn't have been that then! Mmmmm interesting - I wonder what it could have been.

Guest panther
Is anyone else hearing/ feeling very low subsonic rumbles now and again.

Like very distant but powerful thunder??

I'm down south here in Onkaparinga Hills.

Any blasting going on at the Marino quarry, the new water plant or sewage works.???

I'm worried after watching 2012:goofy::goofy::biglaugh:

Well it is the Marino Quarry as they are blasting most of the time.The Quarry is slowly moving south towards hallet Cove and depends on the wind the sound will carry further south.

Panther

Guest Kazzarazza
Just caught something on channel ten news, about army testing going on somewhere (not sure where), and the sounds/shock waves etc are being heard/felt as far away as Moana...

Maybe that is it??

That's it Lorluc. I heard it too on channel 7. After the grass fire the Army inadvertently started last week, they have been weapons testing out to sea, near Port Wakefield and the northerly winds ensured it could be heard all the way down to Moana.

Problem solved, Tyke.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
That's it Lorluc. I heard it too on channel 7. After the grass fire the Army inadvertently started last week, they have been weapons testing out to sea, near Port Wakefield and the northerly winds ensured it could be heard all the way down to Moana.

Problem solved, Tyke.

I felt it yesterday (thursday) a few times in the morning around 830. Its not the quarry at H/C. I live right by that, not only do you feel it, you hear it and see it!! They only blast around twice in a 2 week period, So yesterday was no way the quarry.

I thought it could be quakes, we are on a fault line, even though it is not a major one:shocked: