E cigarettes

Guest Guest14361

As an advocate of these things I can tell you that if you want Nicotine you will struggle. Up until recently, you could get them in Aus (from V2 cigs), but because everything in this country is illegal until some bureaucrat says otherwise you can't get them now. But you can still buy the ones that kill you (Nothing dodgy going on there eh..?)

I now order from V2 in the US, where we can use a discount code on shipping so they work out about the same cost-wise.

There is a shop called Vaporama on Rundle Street, Kent Town but I don't know if they do Nicotine products.

Hi Nobby, I am also a great advocate of them too.... I work in an enivornment where most of the guys used to smoke and when some of the guys from the US arrived to work 6 months ago they brought their e cig / electronic shisha ' esq devices with them

Within a month pretty much all the smokers who went onto these type of electronic cigs -gave up the real ones!! - the ones we had, came with glycerine top up bottles with a multitude of flavours (apple my fave) and also a multitude of nicotine levels -so we started on the higher levels and gradually reduced the nicotine strength.

The good thing about these shisha type cigs, is that you still get that hit in your lungs! (yes I know still bad for you) but not nearly as bad as the tar / salt peter / arsnic, wood shavings , tree bark and all the other cr*p that are in real cigs - and the proof was certainly in the pudding, as after 6 months after 1st getting those electronic devices - all the guys have given up... most have even stopped using the device.... all good if you ask me.. and your clothes dont stink like an ash tray!!

Governments will of course try to put the mockers on these as they will be loosing heaps of tax revenue of cigarettes and baccy - but I am sure they will gain this (IMO) from decrease in smoking related diseases in the health system.

The one I had was a shisha type pen looking cig and you could adjust the voltage on the battery unit to give you more vapour (hit)...again I am not sure if you are able to get these and with the nicotine top up bottles in Oz- but there are plenty on line

Cheers

Gary

Short answer, they don't light. There is a heating element in the cartridge which heats a gel with Nicotine & flavourings suspended in it. The heat causes a bit of the gel to vaporize, resembling smoke. The "filter" part is the cartridge and the "tobacco' part is a battery.

Word to the wise though, there is a lot of crap out there. Avoid the cheap stuff and get a good one and you'll be ok. Choose a brand that is American or British, that's my advice. Loads on-line.

Agree with V Bird..laods of cr*p ones on 'tinternet - if you have people working abroad maybe they can get you the nicotine refills Paris CDG even has a shop selling nothing but them - and as for saving you money..... I reckon it will save you a hell of alot more (your health) and def your wallet (i know in the UK they are getting over £8.50 for pack of 20!!).....if eventually you can kick the habit using these... I know it has helped me and many of my mates no longer partake in puffing on tabs :biggrin:

cheers

Gary

My husband who has smoked for more years than I've known him (26 and counting) has just purchased on of these and has not had a real cigarette since - he's only had it since the end of last week but I'm really impressed with how he is doing. He got his from a shop on Goodwood road and was recommended this place by a guy at work.

It's still early days but so far so good and he's never got this far before.