Something completely different.

Willber

Guest mlissiman

Hi Andrew

My hubby has done exactly that! We came over here on a PR visa as his skills in the print industry were needed. However, some 13 months down the line the print industry work dried up so he looked for something else.

He'd always fancied Police work when we were in England, but due to our pending move and our kids ages he did'nt feel it was the right time.

He has now been a police cadet since April this year and will graduate in December.

Drop me a PM if you want more info.

Take care

Michelle

Thats what my hubby has done came as a hairdresser and tomorrow becomes a real copper :policeman:. If you need anything PM him his always happy to help xx

Michelle steve graduates tomorrow so will your hubby be directing traffic? if so ask him to get me a good parking spot he cant miss my car has my name on it lol:notworthy:

strange most cops want to leave the other way..

Think before you jump... the grass is certainly no greener in SAPOL..

Consider why a high number of UK recruits have left....

Hairdresser, now how do I become one of them!!

Lol dont even go there hairdressing is very low paid here and no tips and cutting those mullets off is soooooo tempting:biglaugh:.

I know a few coppers from the uk and the ones that have gone back have said its the money, they can get a lot more with the met but then they dont get the life that you can have here. and consider how many uk cops do come and stay

All said and done if you dont try it you wont ever know.Do the training its 9months and if you dont like it and its not for you do something else. My Oh loves it but if a few years down the line if he doesn't he can always dust off his clippers;)

Guest Guest5035
Just an aside............. Every time I see a bike cop I think of the 80's series "Chips"

:cute::cute::cute:

so if you're on your boat and see a fish...............do you still think of Chips!!:cute:

stevo