Getting new baby onto 475 visa

Guest familygood

Guest familygood

We had a baby last year and have just got his UK passport through. Now to get him on our visa... I have rung the visa 'helpline' a couple of times and they are just not very helpful really.. Apprarently we have to fill out a whole visa application but as if we were him (8 months old?!) so he doesnt have too many qualifications etc...

Anyway, he also said after prising it out of him that he needs a medical too. I can see that but filling out a whole visa application for a baby!? I had a look at the form and it makes no sense for him.

Anyone else had to do this and how did you go about it? I am worried now they will tell us we have to pay the whole fee again... bloody hope not or we may as well just sign over all our savings to DIAC.... grrr.....

Thanks.

We had to do this when we applied from our Temp to Perm visa. Our daughter was 2 by that time, and we had to cancel our visa application, apply for her, and then get the whole process started again. The baby, does not need to get a medical due to being under the age restrictions (10 or 12 i think, but dont quote me). All we had to do was fill in the form as best we could and send in with a copy(certified) of the bio page of her UK passport. If i were in your place, i would head down to immigration office in Currie Street with the passport (and copy) and completed form. Should be straight forward, our only took a couple of weeks. Thankfully we now PR and next baby due in few months, but dont have to go trhough all this as it will be Aussie citizen automatically.

Hi

WE applied from uk and this is exactly what we had to do, if its the same then you will have to completley apply on his behalf, full application (we even had to state no military service and no convictions etc she was 2 weeks old lol ), also will have to have a medical but no chest xray. It sucked and led to me being here in aus for 4 months on my own with wife and newborn back in uk :( Hope its diffrent for you being here already good luck :)