Deflated

Guest ebstar

Guest ebstar

We (me,oh & 3 kids)got up at 5.30am to get the train to london for our meds today.Now before hand i had no worries about it at all.(not that i was looking forward to stripping off to be proded and poked)We were asked to go through and have xrays and do urine samples which all went well and the lady was very nice. My oh was then taken through for his bloods and meds no probs.I was then asked to go through which was where the insults started.Now i am fully aware that i need to loose 2/3 stone but even so i am 5.6 and dress size 16.The doc asked me to stand on the scales and automaticaly told me abruptly "you do realise that your obese and i and it wont look good on your forms.You should realy cut back on the calories,stop the snacks and crisps and chocolate in front of the evening tv.You may have 3 children but i have 1 and im only a few pounds heavier than before being pregnant.Oh i see you don't work so there's no excuse not to have time to exercise."I have only recently given up work to prepare for the move but do go to the gym and walk loads.I also have polycystic ovaries which don't help the weight loss just the gain.I know i should be on a low GI diet and i need to work at that but my worst habit is skipping meals and undereating.I do not sit on my bum eating all day.(If only i had the time)Now before this i was actualy not having a bad day.When my torture was over she gave me another lecture because i don't have the children on regular vitiman supplements.Surly im not the only parent that does'nt dose the kids on these.I try to give the kids a healthy diet and only use pills when they are ill and not getting as much from their food.I have got home feeling so deflated,a bad parent and the size of a mammoth.:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest The Waite Family

Well done for not punching her in the gob (wouldn't have looked good or your police checks) :)

Sounds like a very insensitive silly woman to me, probably had a row with hubby before she left for work!

Don't be too hard on yourself at least you'll never have to see her again ;)

Guest Guest6899
We (me,oh & 3 kids)got up at 5.30am to get the train to london for our meds today.Now before hand i had no worries about it at all.(not that i was looking forward to stripping off to be proded and poked)We were asked to go through and have xrays and do urine samples which all went well and the lady was very nice. My oh was then taken through for his bloods and meds no probs.I was then asked to go through which was where the insults started.Now i am fully aware that i need to loose 2/3 stone but even so i am 5.6 and dress size 16.The doc asked me to stand on the scales and automaticaly told me abruptly "you do realise that your obese and i and it wont look good on your forms.You should realy cut back on the calories,stop the snacks and crisps and chocolate in front of the evening tv.You may have 3 children but i have 1 and im only a few pounds heavier than before being pregnant.Oh i see you don't work so there's no excuse not to have time to exercise."I have only recently given up work to prepare for the move but do go to the gym and walk loads.I also have polycystic ovaries which don't help the weight loss just the gain.I know i should be on a low GI diet and i need to work at that but my worst habit is skipping meals and undereating.I do not sit on my bum eating all day.(If only i had the time)Now before this i was actualy not having a bad day.When my torture was over she gave me another lecture because i don't have the children on regular vitiman supplements.Surly im not the only parent that does'nt dose the kids on these.I try to give the kids a healthy diet and only use pills when they are ill and not getting as much from their food.I have got home feeling so deflated,a bad parent and the size of a mammoth.:arghh::arghh::arghh:

OMG what a rude person!! chin up its over now, and i dont dose my children on vitamins either.

Lisa x

Guest alex27

how awful and rude this doctor is!! you should make a complaint or at least publish where you went so others can avoid this clinic-there are a few choices in London. gosh how horrible. sorry that happened to you

Guest leemina

Oh my god!!! I'm 5.6 and size 16 also and yes I know im classed as obese, but FFS. That doctor was well out of order, it takes all sorts to make a world. Would you use medical treatment more than a size 10, probably not. I wouldnt worry about it. I mentioned to the doctor at my medical that i'd lost 3.5 stone in the last year (now that was obese!!!) and he said how well i'd done and that being the weight i am wouldnt hamper my application. And it hasnt.

Really, I think some doctors have no bedside manner at all... (i'm a nurse). Dont worry, you'll be fine. If you want to lose weight, thats great, but do it for yourself, not because one doctor made you feel bad for being the 'average' size of a woman in the UK.

Sure you'll have your visa in no time.

x

Guest Harbords

Wow...well done on keeping it together. (Cheeky cow :-p) I know that it is a bit far for some to travel, but I can highly recommend Cardiff for meds. The female doctor there was lovely and although i still have 1 1/2 stone to lose since having Grace, there was no mention of it. She was also very good at taking blood (this was what my daughters were dreading). As for vitamins, there is no need to give them to children if they have a good balanced diet

Good luck with everything

Sharonx

Guest fatman

Hello there Mrs Deflated!!

Blimey, I'm a size 18 suppose the Doc at our Meds shld have called me "Mrs Inflated" ha ha ha.... What a CHEEKY BUGGER your Doc at Meds!!! Oh dear if it had of been me I would have given her a piece of my mind!! so unprofessional of her!!! The Doc in Edinburgh was brilliant! very positive! he told me they were only concerned with BMI over 40..... So then Mrs Deflated chin up, put a smile back on your face ok!! ;).. as for the "Lectures" silly woman!! ... bet you were tempted to tell her to Piss off and mind her own business!!! he he he...............

Good luck with the Visa!

Cheerio and enjoy rest of your week OK!!!

Janis (Graham, Janis & Sophie Price, Aberdeenshire, Scotland... IN THE RAIN!!

Don't take any notice of the silly woman! Have you heard the difference between God and Doctors? God doesn't think he's a Doctor.

Anyway, when you get to Australia you'll be a size 14 (aussie sizes slilghtly different!) so tell her to stick that where the sun don't shine!! :D

As for the vitamin supplements - a good balanced diet is far healthier than a load of pills imho!

Guest guest3462

What a bloody jobsworth she sounds like!!!

jealousy will get her nowhere!

I was classed as obese for my medicals and it did nothing negative to the visa outcome she is just plain nasty! Good on you though for sucking it up and not planting one on her chin (I would have been sorely tempted!)

As for vitamin supplements - where does she think you live? You are not poverty and famine stricken!! You provide your family with a good balanced diet and therefore dietary supplements are proven not to be required in otherwise fit and healthy children.

Keep your chin up hun and be safe in the knowledge that in a few months time you will be over here enjoying this fantastic new lifestyle while she remains stuck in her rut of a life being a miserable bitch to every other brave person who chooses to follow the dream!!

Unbelievably insensitive! Not everyone is tiny and it's not as easy or simple to lose weight as some people may think. What a horrible attitude for a doctor to have. Many years ago, when I was very sick, a doctor asked if I had lost my appetite at all. When I said, 'A little', he said something like, 'Well, you could lose it a bit more.' I wasn't even that overweight at the time, but I will NEVER forget the rudeness of that doctor. I could tell he was in a cranky mood, and the stupid thing was, that I think he was more overweight than I was!

As for vitamin pills. I have read that it is not always good to be taking multi-vitamins, as you can end up overdosing on some. They should not be necessary for a healthy person with a varied diet.

That doctor was totally out of order. Just try to forget the insults and look forward to the future.

Guest Django

At the end of the day the medical exam is there for one purpose. That is to see if you are going to be a burden on the health system in Oz. If not then happy days. ;) As for the 'stupid quack' remember that she will still be stuck living in dirty old London town when you will be sunning it up in the clean air of South Australia. :jiggy:

Guest The Standalofts

What a horrible woman, I hope reading all the posts have cheered you up a little – try and remain focused on getting to Oz and forget about the retched woman.

Good luck with everything.

lesley

Stupid woman...obviously has to say nasty put down comments to make herself feel superior. The world is full of them unfortunately.

I was officially 'clinically obese' but even though I've lost 3 stone over the last 2 years I still have a long way to go. I eat a healthy diet, go to aerobics, pilates, aquaerobics and swim twice a week. The bad news is that I am still a size 16-18 (5'6") and there's no way I'll lose another 2 stone + before my medical! Hope I don't get someone like her when my time comes.

Guest ebstar

Thanks for all the posts and support.Today has been much better and hopefully we won't be called back for anything.I can't wait to get the visa through and move forward building a better future for our family (whatever size i may be).Thanks Ebstar

Guest Adelaide_bound

I would certainly be making an offical complaint (after the meds had come back if you were worried about that). Completely and totally unprofessional and should be taken to task for it - if I so much as look at a child or parent wrong I'm hauled over the coals toot-smart!

Makes my blood boil when people in positions of power completely abuse them, but there will be a complaint process they have which you can follow (she certainly could do with taking down a peg or two, there is no need to upset people for no reason at all, especially when there could be further reaching consequences to her put downs for others.)

Grrr.:realmad:

Guest jools123

hi hope your over your ordeal, reading your post i was thinking i bet she saw the same doctor as i did last year very condesending she was telling me off about my kids and made me feel like i abuse them when she said "apart from the bruises there fine" she definatly had a god like complex but my meds went through and thats all that matters.

ps there not on vitamins either

jools x