South Australia SNOL update

TeeTMI

interesting....my occupation as a secondary school Maths teacher is still "High Availability". I haven't managed to get and supply teaching yet never mind anything more permanent. We came to Australia based on my occupation, and my husband got a job the 1st day looking.

Looks like they need just about everyone!!! Some classics there Saw Maker and Repairer, Historian, Snowsport Instructor, Singer, Sculptor (all in the Off-list criteria applies category, not that I really know what that means tbh).

What a false impression this gives. UK unemployment rate 7.8%, South Australian unemployment rate 7.1% and rising.

Those Holden workers better get themselves retrained!!

Looks like they need just about everyone!!! Some classics there Saw Maker and Repairer, Historian, Snowsport Instructor, Singer, Sculptor (all in the Off-list criteria applies category, not that I really know what that means tbh).

What a false impression this gives. UK unemployment rate 7.8%, South Australian unemployment rate 7.1% and rising.

I was shocked when I saw the 'new' list. Didn't the SA government take any notice of the rising unemployment rate and the lack of job opportunities at all? One look at seek.com.au or the job market in The Advertiser tells another story...

Sarkasm on *Yes, they need everyone, but not due to jobs, it's more likely due to consumption like abandoned rental properties, rego for cars, tax etc. Fresh money from migrants is needed to keep this 'vibrant' city alive!* sarcasm off

Read the list and had to laugh really, my husbands apparent highly in demand job is still on the list and he cannot get a job for love or money, applied everywhere for his skilled job and anything else, but to no avail, and to see his job still on the list beggars belief!! Who ever compiles this list needs to take a good look around as SA is not what is written on the tin....

The off-list has additional selection criteria and are not open to general applicants. The off-list is for international students that studied at a recognised South Australian institutions (plus meet additional criteria length/level of study, and work experience...).

I can think of a few jobs they should have on there...

Some skilled roadworkers who can fix/build roadsurfaces without huge dips every few feet where they've put a drain/manhold cover right where car wheels could be expected to be in the normal flow of traffic;

Some intelligent, literate journalists - and if they are investigative journalists, they should not feel the need to supplement their salaries by taking money from companies to promote them, but be happy with the salary of a journalist, and maintain their independence and integrity;

Some town planners with imagination, brave enough to try new things and sometimes "think outside the box" without being slaves to the old-fashioned NIMBY's on the planning panels;

Honest recruitment consultants who won't post job adverts for non-existent jobs just to make themselves look better, whilst falsely raising the hopes of hundreds of desperate job-seekers..

I'm sure I'll think of a few more!!