Need help with my babys passport application please

Hughes'Roberts

Hi PIA,

My 2 month old little boy requires his 1st Passport and I am going around in circles and getting very confused in the process.

So here is the issue.....I have completed the Australia Passport Form and now need to provide evidence that I am as his parent a PR.

So the Australian Passport Office do not accept a NEW visa label (Our visa was electronically processed), a grant letter, a CERS or the VEVO print out.

So therefore I need to complete Form 119 evidence of Australia citizenship (for baby as advised by the passport office) which is fine but the problem I am facing is that the form asks for a document showing my baby's photograph and name but this I have not got, I would use a passport but this is the whole point why I am completing this form.

Can anyone shed any light on how I can get around this or anybody recently done a child passport when both parents PR and no visa label? Its getting quite costly too!

Thanks in advance

Nat :huh:

Ask to speak to a supervisor. If this fails get a JP to confirm that a photograph is a 'true likeness' of ...

If you can contact an officer who is not brain dead (no mean feat) you should get it sorted pretty well straight away.

The last time I had a similar issue it took 45 minutes from application to passport grant.

They used to accept a FAX from the citizenship branch as sufficient evidence of citizenship, but they pulled the pin on that after corrupt immigration officers in Hong Kong were (allegedly) caught selling Australian citizenship.

If all the above fail, try; your local federal member of parliament, the press, your solicitor for a court order.

Edited by wrussell
sp

Ask to speak to a supervisor. If this fails get a JP to confirm that a photograph is a 'true likeness' of ...If you can contact an officer who is not brain dead (no mean feat) you should get it sorted pretty well straight away.The last time I had a similar issue it tok 45 minutes from application to passport grant.They used to accept a FAX from the citizenship branch as sufficient evidence of citizenship, but they pulled the pin on that after corrupt immigration officers in Hong Kong were (allegedly) caught selling Australian citizenship.If all the above fail, try; your local federal member of parliament, the press, your solicitor for a court order.
Thanks for the reply. Did you go to the Australian Passport Office for it to take 45 minutes? & were you given the passport there & then.Thanks Flossybeth perhaps getting a british passport is the answer but would this cause any issue on then getting the Australian passport?

Thanks for the reply. Did you go to the Australian Passport Office for it to take 45 minutes? & were you given the passport there & then.Thanks Flossybeth perhaps getting a british passport is the answer but would this cause any issue on then getting the Australian passport?

Re UK passport, it doesn't cause an issue to hold it or hold both. Actually, iirc when applying for a UK passport they expect you to include all other passports held when you apply. So not having a current Aus one might be good thing as you won't have one to send. The UK passport will be held because of citizenship by descent so no harm applying. They brought the cost down too iirc.

In reverse, our son has his Aus citizenship by descent and Aus passport within weeks of his birth in England. His UK passport we got when he was a bit older.

Oh my word.... so I have completed an online application for a UK Passport (so we can use as photographic evidence for babys aussie passport) and paid the relevant costs and I now need to print off the declaration and get it countersigned. My issue is that the person that needs to countersign the photo/form needs to be a professional, have a UK passport and who has known me for 2 years!! We don't know anyone!! I am up against a brick wall again!!

Any ideas how we can get around this! It is driving me insane !!!

Guest Claire-n-tel
Oh my word.... so I have completed an online application for a UK Passport (so we can use as photographic evidence for babys aussie passport) and paid the relevant costs and I now need to print off the declaration and get it countersigned. My issue is that the person that needs to countersign the photo/form needs to be a professional' date=' have a UK passport and who has known me for 2 years!! We don't know anyone!! I am up against a brick wall again!!

Any ideas how we can get around this! It is driving me insane !!![/quote']

You can fax it to someone in the uk who has known you for the required time....

• 2 weeks later...

We were told that if a child was under 2 and therefore no one could have known it that long, that a professional who had known the applying parent for 2 years plus was fine to countersign. Our sons UK passport was issued without problem doing this (all in the UK but same requirements applying).