Free PIA UK Pension Transfer Seminar

Hello all.

We have had an influx of enquiries recently from people who are considering transferring their UK Pension to Australia (perhaps something to do with the sterling exchange rate increase) and therefore I thought that I might get a feel from members who might be interested in attending a UK Pension Transfer Seminar.

I used to run these on a regular basis (generally 6 monthly) but have not ran one for a while due to numbers.

Therefore if there are any members of PIA that would be interested in attending then please let me know either by replying to this thread or PM.

The Seminar will be free to attend usually runs for around 45-60 minutes and refreshments are provided.

It covers off on what you will need to understand when considering transferring your UK Pension to Australia as certainly this can be a very complex area and quite daunting for people.

This is a non-pressured environment and gives unbiased informative information around the whole process.

I have heard many times of people being pressured or misguided about having to transfer within certain time periods to avoid hefty taxes but this is certainly not the case

You should be able to walk away from this presentation with a much better understanding of the pro's and con's of UK Pension Transfers.

The tentative date/times/location will be:

Date: Saturday 1st March

Time: 11am start

Address: Vista Financial Services Offices (107a Main South Road, O'Halloran Hill 5158)

Please let me know if you feel this would be of interest to you.

Kind Regards

Andy

Guest cyprus2001
Hi

Just an update on this.

I have had some interest so thought I would post to see if there is anyone else that would be interested in attending.

Kind regards

Andy

where will the seminar be held as my husband may be interested.

thanks

We would be interested in attending too:smile:

QUOTE=Andrew from Vista Financial;284115]Hello all.

We have had an influx of enquiries recently from people who are considering transferring their UK Pension to Australia (perhaps something to do with the sterling exchange rate increase) and therefore I thought that I might get a feel from members who might be interested in attending a UK Pension Transfer Seminar.

I used to run these on a regular basis (generally 6 monthly) but have not ran one for a while due to numbers.

Therefore if there are any members of PIA that would be interested in attending then please let me know either by replying to this thread or PM.

The Seminar will be free to attend usually runs for around 45-60 minutes and refreshments are provided.

It covers off on what you will need to understand when considering transferring your UK Pension to Australia as certainly this can be a very complex area and quite daunting for people.

This is a non-pressured environment and gives unbiased informative information around the whole process.

I have heard many times of people being pressured or misguided about having to transfer within certain time periods to avoid hefty taxes but this is certainly not the case

You should be able to walk away from this presentation with a much better understanding of the pro's and con's of UK Pension Transfers.

The tentative date/times/location will be:

Address: Vista Financial Services Offices (107a Main South Road, O'Halloran Hill 5158)

Please let me know if you feel this would be of interest to you.

Kind Regards

Andy

Thanks for the responses folks.

Seeing as there is now a fair bit of interest I will make these times and dates firm (post 1).

I will PM all those that have replied to this thread to confirm directly as to whether you are coming along.

I will be limiting numbers to around 10 - 12 and am now not far away from this so for anyone else interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

where will the seminar be held as my husband may be interested.

thanks

Hi cyprus2001

The details are:

Please let me know if your Husband would like to come along.

Many thanks

Andy

Guest MandiMR2

Hi Andy,

My partner & I would like to attend please. We arrive the 25th Feb. I have an NHS pension & have a job starting at the RAH, so hoping I can transfer to my future pension. My partner has 3 private pensions & would be needing advice about consolidating them & transferring them to a private one. Do we have to do this in a certain time scale when migrating?

Many thanks Mandi

Hi Mandi

You are most certainly welcome to the Seminar and I will reserve 2 spaces for you and PM you to confirm details.

In answer to your question, there is no time scale in which a pension is to be transferred if a transfer does occur.

Have a read of this thread I wrote also, it may help a bit http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/financial-advice-ask-vista/169401-uk-pension-transfers-information-thread.html

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...