• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Rental needed urgently!

Hello Poms in Adelaide.... and those not quite here yet...
      I thought I'd take a minute to give a little update...

Finally we're out of our horrid, horrid OAA and we have a gorgeous home 20 seconds from the beach in Glenelg (somewhere we really didn't think we'd end up.)

Glenelg is ace. LOVE IT. We originally had planned to live in Henley or Grange, but it's pretty quiet, and it just took on little outing to Glenelg and we fell in love with it. We missed the meet up in the Holdie at the weekend though.. we turned up around 9pm.. did you all move on early? Everyone sounded like ozzies, and we didn't want ask everyone we saw..."are you a pom?" !!! next time guys, we need a code!!!!

Our arrival in Adelaide has been pretty stressful, but things really are settling down now and we really do think this is somewhere we will be VERY VERY HAPPY.

The OAA was really bad, we had several games of trap the cockroach (well, my boyfriend did.. I helpfully stood on a chair pointing....) I guess the OAA is different for everyone, and at the end of the day, it's so cheap, and we need all the spare cents we can get at the minute.

We've not started looking for work yet, but things seem to be ok here, if you're proactive and not too fussy, just get your foot in the door. I'll start job hunting in a week or so, which will give me something to do!!

I can't get over how nice people are here. I mean EVERYONE has been so helpful and really lifted our spirits.

Renting is a completly different ball game from the UK, so if you're on you're way out here, come armed with a reference from someone. We had to give bankstatements too, as we don't have jobs here, and we've paid 3 months rent up front (which means we don't have any bills for 3 months too, so not all bad.)

Feeling very happy today. In fact, Rich and I sat on our sofa last night and both felt very smug indeed. 20 seconds walk to the beach, 10 minutes to Moseley square, and all the Jetty Road delights... PERFECT.

Next time there's a meet up around, we'll be there... perhaps with a banner or something though, eh?!

4 times
      Hi Guys

We have a 4 bed house with pool and sea views in hallett cove coming up on august 21st as we are buying a house in hallett cove.
      30 mins drive to the city or 30 mins on the train as there are 2 stations here.( really easy commute)
      Also new shopping centre has just opened here.
      Rent is $340 a week. pm if you are interested. also allows pets
      Last edited by colclare; 29-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Glad u guys are sorted!! Glenelg is awesome :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums