Which shipping company??

Guest karyn1

Guest karyn1

Does anyone recommend any particular company? I have White and Company coming to give us a quote next week, and I have tried calling and emailing John Mason, as I wanted to get a few quotes, but after a week, no-one from there has got back to me:arghh:

Plus any hints or tips regarding packing would be much appreciated:notworthy:

Thanks in advance folks!

Karyn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest titanboy
Does anyone recommend any particular company? I have White and Company coming to give us a quote next week, and I have tried calling and emailing John Mason, as I wanted to get a few quotes, but after a week, no-one from there has got back to me:arghh:

Plus any hints or tips regarding packing would be much appreciated:notworthy:

Thanks in advance folks!

Karyn

Hi

We are using Anglo Pacific, first got a quote last year but took us a while to get our visa. Getting them back out next week for an updated quote, no doubt the price will have increased, but have found them very efficient and helpful.

Janice

Guest taunton

We are using John Masons, as this is the 2nd time for us we have found their quote excellent, they provide a full itinary....can honestly not fault their service at all, we are using the Liverpool branch and they always answer and if our direct contact is on the phone he always calls back.....

We used them first time round in 2006, back then we took a full 20ft container, on getting quotes this time round and only taking what we feel is neccessary we are doing a share container, can not believe how much shipping has gone up, we are paying nearly as much now for a shared container as we did for a 20ft some 5 years ago, it does pay to get as many quotes in as you can...there can be a huge difference between companies.

All the best

Guest willow1234

hi there, we used pickfords and we cannot fault them in anyway from uk to oz! if you can afford a full container we would advice you bring everything with you.we had a shared container but wished we brought it all. good luck!

We used Kilmarnock removals international, very good no breakages @ all , everything he said in first meeting was done , very efficient service , both in UK & over here, packed the whole 4 bedroom bungalow into a 20 foot container arrived on 31st Dec of all days, guys here unpacked , took away all surplus boxes etc. Give the guy a call im sure he will keep you right. I will say he undercut everyone else , we have been here since last year so cost no doubt be more -VAT increase etc, The guys name is Matt Campbell hes the branch Manager , they also have a place in Blackburn East Lothian 01506 652792, Matt campbells mobile number to talk to himself is 07826867937. Mention us from Ayr that came last Nov, he will remember. All the best.

Hi, we used John Mason and they have been brilliant. We used the Liverpool office and they always rang back if we left a message. Their quote was reasonable too Pickfords and White and Co were also in the running. Get shop around for your insurance its cheaper than what the removal firms offer you. WE used Letton Percival.

Andrew