Clearing customs at Adelaide Airport time

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Hi, not sure where to post this, but was just wondering how long does it take to get through customs when arriving for the first time. IF we land just after 9am in the morning (5 of us with 200kg of luggage) should we be out in about 2 hours or could it be 3-5 hours long? Just want to book our airport transfer, but not sure what time to put down.

cheers

I doubt it'd be 5 hours but then I've only ever done the trip when going on holidays or on a holiday visa. But then its usually an hour or so, at most 90 minutes and we are out into sunshine (and that is us as a family with all our luggage). We've never been stopped or had our bags checked. We always declare any food stuff etc (and don't bring in the potentially dodgy foods they might want to look at or anything).

Sometimes its done in under an hour, mainly it depends on the queue at passport control.

Guest boesman

Hi, was wondering how long it take to get through customs in Adelaide when you arrive for the first time. We are arriving just after 9am in the morining and must book our transfer bus to our rental, but I don't know how long it will take to get through everthing with our +-200kg of luggage (5 of us). Cheers

Hi we came through in September, a family of 5 and also 200kgs of luggage and from getting off the airplane to meeting our friends in arrivals took maximum hr and half, the longest wait was in the queue at passport control, that was probably hour and then when we got to the guy he looked at each passport, made a few comments about our passport pics, like "wow your hair has grown" to the youngest and then waived us through in under 5 mins,we had nothing to declare and by the time we got to the luggage it was already going around so we grabbed ours and was out of there. It was well quick and if hadnt been for the queue would have taken max 45mins, so id would say allow for that and book it no more than 2hours from landing.

Hope that helps.

Sarah

I remember when we landed at Adelaide airport we were through in a matter of minutes. We got waved through to the front of the queues and couldn't understand why until we passed through customs and two of them welcomed us to SA and asked me how long I had been a copper?!!

So if you want to get through in double quick time, it seems that you have to act or look like you're a copper :policeman:

Guest boesman
You have already posted this and I moved it to the transport and shipping section as it seemed more suited. I'll merge the two in a bit.

Thanks snifter. I saw that you answered it, but couldn't find the post again. I find these days that people can see things on their computer that mine doesn't show especially on Facebook and forums.

As for the rest of the answers, THANK you VERY MUCH!!! x

Cheers

Hi, not sure where to post this, but was just wondering how long does it take to get through customs when arriving for the first time. IF we land just after 9am in the morning (5 of us with 200kg of luggage) should we be out in about 2 hours or could it be 3-5 hours long? Just want to book our airport transfer, but not sure what time to put down.

cheers

Entering Adelaide is a bit like flying into Birmingham. Small, community like airport with minimal fuss. We were 5 with that much luggage and cruised through out within 30 minutes of landing. Only problem can be queue but never ever had a problem.

Liz

My brother in-law was stopped once. the dogs had detected something in his bags and he was pulled over by a very burly officer. Turned out it was some aromatic soap with a lot of orange oil in it! They were not amused though and gave him a right lecture about smuggling fruit, even though he wasn't.

They are very fussy about fruit and veg, the beagles there are for detecting that rather than drugs!!

Guest tinkham_lee

It took us about 30-45 mins, we were one of the first off the plane so got through passport control quite quick, but it all depends on how many international flights are arriving at the same time as you. If you tell the airport transport company what time your landing, they should have a rough idea of how long it will take to clear customs etc and will arrive at the appropriate time

Lee