refrigeration engineer

Guest sarah dawn

Guest sarah dawn

No body tells you how hard it is to get your trades reconised even after taking a vettass test and passing.I had a job to come to when i arrived in adelaide,but after my 3 month trail they decided to let me go . They would not tell me if i had done any thing wrong all they would say was i did not fit there requierments :arghh:I personally think its because they ran out off maintance work for me to do un supervised , im sure they was charging for a qualified engineer but paying me a trade asstants wage . it is most anoying that after being in the trade for over 30 years being told to wash filters(assistants job) not a problem part ov job but then asked to fault find vrv system (qualified job) and not geting paid for your experance @ a higher rate:mad:. but end of the day i love my job if only was aloud to do it:biggrin:. wa

• 6 months later...
Guest leeannekays

Hi how are you getting on now as a refrigeration Engineer. We arrived 4 daysa go. My husband who is a refrigeration and air con engineer is currently looking hard for work as a trade assistant until he gets his licence. He is meeting with peer Monday and we are hoping they will explain and sort his licence. How did you find it getting your licence?

Any advice welcome

Leeanne

Guest FRIDGEMAN
hi how are you getting on now as a refrigeration engineer. We arrived 4 daysa go. My husband who is a refrigeration and air con engineer is currently looking hard for work as a trade assistant until he gets his licence. He is meeting with peer monday and we are hoping they will explain and sort his licence. How did you find it getting your licence?

Any advice welcome

leeanne

hope you getting on ok , its all a bit dawnting at first , have you been to trades reconition in adelaide , will sort contact details for you , have you done vettasess , this will help you get limited electrical licence , good luck . Wayne 0458226930

Hi how are you getting on now as a refrigeration Engineer. We arrived 4 daysa go. My husband who is a refrigeration and air con engineer is currently looking hard for work as a trade assistant until he gets his licence. He is meeting with peer Monday and we are hoping they will explain and sort his licence. How did you find it getting your licence?

Any advice welcome

Leeanne

Hi both

I am in a similar situation but applied to the TRA 5 weeks ago, so fingers crossed it will be back soon and granted !

Has your hubby got a job yet, if not let me know and I'll put you in touch with my boss.

We landed here 7th March with 2 kids and living in Seaford Rise.

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HRHelp

Very frustrating! Where do you live? There are services to help you (free) - if you live in the South i can invite you to one of our free workshops. Call me! 8322 8455 (or see yesterdays CareerOne pg 27 advert for the free workshops)