Adelaide Oval; not footy or cricket or a concert!

Here's a different event at the Adelaide Oval for next year.

May appeal to those who have been here a while and who know of the fighters. Am not a fan of boxing but I like Danny Green!

Video: Green and Mundine trade verbal blows ahead of Adelaide Oval rematch

index&t_product=AdelaideNow&td_device=desktop

The Advertiser

October 25, 2016 12:34pm

index&t_product=AdelaideNow&td_device=desktop

THE boxing rematch between Anthony Mundine and Danny Green won’t be held at Adelaide Oval until next year, but the stoush has already begun, albeit verbally.

Advertiser exclusive: Superfight at Adelaide Oval

Mundine, 41, won a points decision over the West Australian when the pair fought in 2006, but

Mundine predicted a win by stoppage in the rematch on February 3.

He said he had overcome hip issues that have plagued his recent career. The bout will be fought at the catch weight limit of 83kg.

3aa306d8b7ef4445ba6a69a3d1383bab?width=650

Danny Green and Anthony Mundine ham it up at Adelaide Oval. Picture: Mike Burton“I’ve been fighting with a bad hip - a very bad hip - for the last seven, eight years,” Mundine told a press conference in Adelaide today.

“That’s fixed now. I feel my feet are back, my movement’s back. “I just want to put this **** to rest, that I’m the better man. “Skills pay the bills. I’m going to be as sharp as I was in 2006.” Both fighters indicated the fight could be the last of their careers, with Green saying beating Mundine would be a perfect send off.

This content requires the Adobe Flash plugin

external?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent4.video.news.com.au%2Ffoxsports%2Fprod%2Farchive%2F2016%2F10%2F25%2FFSD_251016_BOX_MUNDINE_GREEN.jpg&width=650&api_key=kq7wnrk4eun47vz9c5xuj3mc

player

Adelaide Oval to host fight

He was confident he would be able to stop Mundine.

“You hit me with everything you had with two hips. I didn’t stop marching forward,” Green said.

Mundine hasn’t fought since he suffered a TKO loss to American Charles Hatley in November last year.

Green, 43, defeated Kane Watts on points last August to win the vacant Australian cruiserweight title.

• 3 months later...