1 week to go!!

Guest Tterrier81

Guest Harbords

and don't forget about the 1p we have been given off the price of petrol....haha.

Have a safe journey back and let us know what you think

Sharonx

I enjoy going back, because I am a semi tourist, when I go.....I can enjoy the best bits and leave behind the rest. My hand luggage returning last time contained 3 tins of tea, 8 large galaxy bars, 1 packets of Tunnocks caramel thingios, 3 boxes of Danish toast chocolate, 3 boxes of Danish Floderboller, polos, Thorntons box of chocs and bags of toffees. Some chocolate pasta bought in Borough Market and some pickle......I had to buy a natty little suitcase from M&S to cart it all in and coming through Sydney customs, they didn't want to view any of it :). When I was in London I went to the Foundling museum and the Canal Boat museum. Also the London museum and the British museum but the crowdiness of these annoyed me and it was just too hot inside!!! Plus my year 8 history book led me to believe the Rosetta stone was massive but infact it is mini just like the Mona Lisa. I hope you really enjoy your trip back and that you come back feeling this place is definitely where it's at for you :)

Have a great time! We're just finalising all the details for our trip back in July - so far in the 18 days we have there we have a short break to Paris booked, some time in Hong Kong en route, a couple of days staying up in London to show the kids the sights, and the rest shared between Essex, Suffolk, Hampshire and West Sussex!!

Enjoy your time back in the motherland :D Which parts are you staying in while you're there?

When I was in London I went to the Foundling museum and the Canal Boat museum. Also the London museum and the British museum

My kids are desperate to go back to the Science Museum as they have such fond memories of it - but as they were about 9 and 11 then and are 14 and 16 now, it may not be quite so much fun - or perhaps just fun in a different way!

As I used to work in London, I am really looking forward to seeing the buildings that have gone up since we left, such as the Gherkin! I don't think the Shard will be built by then though...:huh: