House sold today can't wait NOW

Guest mez10

457 visa applied for - just waiting for paperwork from my previous company.

Main issue was selling the house.

Great news today 'HOUSE SOLD'

We can't wait now.

I'm sure when the visa is sorted Janet will be asking for loads of advise etc.

The plan is to look in the Golden Grove area, so any info on the schools etc would be appreciated. (had a great Thread from Diane on Poms in Oz)

Darren, Janet, Eve (7) & Isabel (5)

• 3 months later...
Guest mez10

Hi all,

Everything is now sorted (we hope) -

Flights booked 12th April, the Shipping Container sailed on the 16th March arrives in Adelaide on the 3rd May.

Arrive in Adelaide on the 14th and the company have arranged for us to stay in Serviced Apartments in North Adelaide for 8weeks while we find somewhere to rent.

We are planning to look at 2 areas (Golden Grove & Flagstaff Hill) any info welcomed.

In the afternoon of the 14th my new company want me to attend an Induction. (hope I don't fall to sleep) good impression or what!!

Finish with my old Company on the 1st April (hurrah)

One good thing though!!!!!!!! (NO MORE WORKING WEEKENDS)

We will be keeping an eye on PIO for any meets/get togethers etc.

Seen you soon x

Darren, Janet, Eve & Izzy

Great news guys, keep us posted on your progress and will try and sort a girls' night out for when you're over the jetleg and sorted with transport so you can meet some others from the North East and get a cross section of opinions and views.

Either of the areas you've mentioned are great family areas with good choices of schools, so best advice is to drive around both, check out commuting times and distances, and organise some school tours in both areas.