water

diggerlcfc

Guest WoodMartin

Yep, we drink ours no probs. Tastes a bit 'different' to us but I spose it depends what you're used to.

Bottled really widely available of course if you prefer.

Ali

PS, I had a school teacher who used to say "There is no such thing as a stupid question, just a person who does not ask it"

Guest Philip

I think it depends where in SA you are. I'm in Newton near the hills and the water tastes fine, no smell or anything odd. But at work, near the city the water smells rank! - So I drink out of the pura tap and not the regular tap.

Guest kangomik

Aussie's from other states won't drink the tap water here (well the ones i have dealt with) but will drink from a Puratap (filtered water).

Theres a bit of a stink on in Aus at the moment regarding Bottled water, the cost, the process and the plastic, Mount Franklin seems to get a hammering over it.

Bit of a chlorine taste to ours, but not too bad. The biggest issue I have with it is it's usually warm or hot (from the cold tap). We keep a good supply in the fridge.

Phil

Guest kangomik

Phil do you sometimes think you have tyrned the wrong tap on?

I turned an outside tap on the other the other day to rinse my hands, i thought it was connected to the mains hot water initially.

Phil do you sometimes think you have tyrned the wrong tap on?

I turned an outside tap on the other the other day to rinse my hands, i thought it was connected to the mains hot water initially.

I must admit, I have had to check a couple of times, brushing your teeth with warm water is not that pleasant.

Guest Aussie pat

We have recently been away camping and bought some bottled water instead of risking the stuff out of the taps at the camping ground. When we boiled the bottled water for cups of tea we were shocked to see the salt residue rising to the top of our cups. It didn't happen when we used rain water from the camping ground. It brought home to us just how full of mineral salts some of the bottled water is and how unhealthy it might be if you drink too much of it.

Guest guest3462

We have a filtrite filter tap and the quality of the water is much better, although normal tap water is drinkable, I think it has a funny taste and coming from Yorkshire, who has the best quality water in the world!!! ;) I am rather fussy. The kids seem to ask for water more since we've had the filter too.

They are quite cheap, $200 for installation plus a designer tap and $75 a year for a new filter fitting. We always keep a bottle in the fridge too as the water is warm comig out of the taps in summer.

JC xxx

Guest Rob and Clare

I had always heard (now it could be some kind of old wives tale) that the cruise liners will not refill their water supply from Adelaide due to the taste and high levels of mineral content. Whether it's true or not i don't know but it could be as the water is pretty poor. And it makes sense why so many people fill up water jugs from the west end brewery to get decent water.

Guest guest569
We have a filtrite filter tap and the quality of the water is much better, although normal tap water is drinkable, I think it has a funny taste and coming from Yorkshire, who has the best quality water in the world!!! ;) I am rather fussy. The kids seem to ask for water more since we've had the filter too.

They are quite cheap, $200 for installation plus a designer tap and $75 a year for a new filter fitting. We always keep a bottle in the fridge too as the water is warm comig out of the taps in summer.

JC xxx

I've just had my filters replaced and have a $100 offnew installations voucher if anyone wants it ???? :jiggy:

Guest nishman
I had always heard (now it could be some kind of old wives tale) that the cruise liners will not refill their water supply from Adelaide due to the taste and high levels of mineral content. Whether it's true or not i don't know but it could be as the water is pretty poor. And it makes sense why so many people fill up water jugs from the west end brewery to get decent water.

I keep getting told that too - although I must admit, I've not had a problem with the tap water here. Been quite happy refrigerating it (in the old cottee's bottles) for that ice-cold refreshment later on :)

The times we've been camping, we've quite happily used the tap water (except when it's been raining and it comes out orange!)

I won't get puratap out of principal - I hate those adverts on the radio :arghh: