Agents Agents Help Please

Guest gilly

Guest gilly

Are there any decent agents out there anybody could recommend we spent £4,000 with migration bureau who were totally useless we gave up for a year but really feel we need to try again but have now heard there are changes ahead on 1st September with regard to TRA reverting to Vertasse does this mean everything else i.e. visas have to be registered by then can anybody help on any of the above

Thanks desperate and going mad

Gilly

Guest mOZzy

hello Gilly and welcome (first of all)

sorry but can't really help you with the new regulations! we've got an agent and we just do as told :confused: (nawww, not really but so far they've been great!)

may i just ask if your agent didn't get you anywhere shouldn't you ask for your money back?!?!?!?! - have you done your tra yet??

we use gomatilda .. similar fees as dan. we pay them as we go along ...

We using Gomatilda as well, like mozzi said pay as things progress, Honestly say that we have found everything to be great, will think even more of them when TRA and visa ends up granted.

We have found them easy to get on with and always there to ask a question so no complaints

oi ian! i've only just realised we are at the same stage with the same agent!!

we should hear soon, eh?! ;) - is yours on the modl list?

Sure are Mozzy, im keeping a close eye on you to make sure they dont give you yours first!;):D

Yes carpenter is i believe on the list. Fingers crossed for you as well Mozzi

Guest happy-jools

Good luck to you guys waiting for TRA

Ours took about three weeks, and felt like a lifetime, but great when it came back positive.

Fingers crossed for everyone.;)

Guest CARMEN

HI!

GO MATILDA ARE DEFINITELY THE BEST - GET THEM @ http://WWW.GOMATILDA.CO.UK - ASK FOR LORRAINE SHE'S LOVELY AND SHE'LL RING TO SPEAK TO YOU IN PERSON AT NO COST TO YOU.

HAVE YOU TRIED LEGAL ADVICE ABOUT GETTING SOME OF YOUR MONEY BACK, THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE TOALLY RIPPED OFF - I'D FIGHT FOR SOMETHING BACK IF I WERE YOU. BET YOUR CONFIDENCE IN AGENTS IS SHATTERED BUT TRY GM THEY WON'T LET YOU DOWN

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL

Guest Aussiebound

We also using Go Matilda, Lorraine in the UK and Shaun for TRA. Both have been excellent, loads of preliminary assessment forms to fill in but then everything done for you! All we did on the visa form was sign it in a few places. They have been fantastic!

Guest Django

We aren't using an agent. Don't see why we should tbh. Any questions can be answered on forums like this and so long as you give more info than you think is needed there shouldn't be a problem. It seems like an awful lot of money to pay someone to fill forms out.:confused:

Pete

Guest soggy
We aren't using an agent. Don't see why we should tbh. Any questions can be answered on forums like this and so long as you give more info than you think is needed there shouldn't be a problem. It seems like an awful lot of money to pay someone to fill forms out.:confused:

Pete

We are not using agents either and havent had a problem so far, we just thought a few days ( and quite a few evenings research) online was worth a £1500 saving, having said that if i did it at my own pace i would still be sorting out my TRA, fortunately my wife cracks the whip.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome to PIA ;)

We got our visa using Go Matilda which cost around £1500. They were excellent and well worth the cost to us ;)

Lisa:cool:

Guest stufi1997
:( OH SHITE where have you been ..? we got f#####ked by that crowd too , and thought we had put enough tips out on various sites about this bunch:confused:I'm so so sorry for you , and can totally relate to how your feeling....don't don't give up ,you are in a far better circumstance than us so be brave and just do it yourself , all you need to do is speak english and do exactly what is asked. it's not in your hands after that.! we fought them for ages and got about half our money back. we got lots of pm's from people giving support but in the end it was losing site of what was important.... australia. if i was loaded i would have fought untill the bitter end but unfortunatly i'm also fighting time so move on and think logically. It's a shame that these bas###ds spoil the rep of good agent's.W e spoke to a few after but were so far ahead with the tra stuff that we thuoght stuff it lets look into it ourselves... hard work but worth it.! and for everything you don't know well just ask on here as every one on this site will help if they can. If you don't want to do it yourselves well then use someone with a fixed rate, Lisa gave us a list of names that were recomended to her on here so we phoned them all up... we liked all of them but Go matilda were really helpful. good luck Stu.;):cool:

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi we are thinking of using ASA seem to have been helpfull so far!

With regards to the TRA if you are on the list of trades that are changing and havent got your TRA approved yet then you will have to be quick or you will have to have the trade test, and the cost will be higher if you already have you TRA then i think your ok., the trades are things like capenter plumber etc. but not all are included as mine isn't and i'm a hairdresser so its business as usual so far!

thanks

nikki

Guest Aussiebound

Hi, see you are now in Lincolnshire, whereabouts?

We are having a meet on the 19th August in Lincoln, don't know if you've seen the thread or not, its about 13 pages long. Meeting at The Gamekeeper in South Hykeham at 1.30pm, loads going.

Might see you there!

• 3 months later...