Hi everybody!

Guest NurseLully

Guest NurseLully

Hi all, just registered! thought I would say "Hi" and introduce myself....

Well, I'm a Nurse married to M who's in Accounts. We have two little girls, one's nearly 2yrs and the other is 2.5 months and we are hoping to move to Adelaide next year.

Just at the ealry stages of booking the English test and deceiding visa options etc Think we will go with the PR. Are there any Nurses who can offer any advice?

I'm an Emergency Nurse with 4 yrs experience. Lots of agencies very keen to get me on their books to go on a spons visa. However, have read lots of threads and don't like the idea of being tied to a job for 2years plus............ And (I waffle!) am I better applying myself to Hospitals? Also! the Public/Private Hospital issue....... does Emergency nursing differ between the two?

Hope I havent asked too much on my first post!!!!!

Lou.

Hi all, just registered! thought I would say "Hi" and introduce myself....

Well, I'm a Nurse married to M who's in Accounts. We have two little girls, one's nearly 2yrs and the other is 2.5 months and we are hoping to move to Adelaide next year.

Just at the ealry stages of booking the English test and deceiding visa options etc Think we will go with the PR. Are there any Nurses who can offer any advice?

I'm an Emergency Nurse with 4 yrs experience. Lots of agencies very keen to get me on their books to go on a spons visa. However, have read lots of threads and don't like the idea of being tied to a job for 2years plus............ And (I waffle!) am I better applying myself to Hospitals? Also! the Public/Private Hospital issue....... does Emergency nursing differ between the two?

Hope I havent asked too much on my first post!!!!!

Lou.

Firstly welcome to PIA. Sorry cant help with the nurse questions but wait till they are all up here and im sure you will get an answer! I do hear there are lots of positions available here in Nursing and they have the biggest demand of professions.

Good luck with the process

Guest VickyB

Hi Lou,

Firstly welcome and good luck with everything.

I have worked in both the public and private ED's. I was sponsored in the private and once I got PR I moved to the public mainly due to the fact I missed the trauma cases.

The private ED's are much smaller although still pretty busy, but you don't get many emergencies. They are more like working just in minors and majors with no resus. You don't get any trauma they go to public, the emergencies you get are all cardiac related. Best part is they close over night, so no night shifts!!!

The public are like the UK, although I think they are busier despite seeing less patients. There is no 4 hr target and a lot of patients get admitted so a lot of waiting for beds. But I loved it, you get some really serious trauma as patients are flown in from all over SA.

Hope this help. Any question please don't hesitate to ask. Vicky

Guest Django

If you have a choice of visas then deffo go for PR. You will find frustrating limitations with a provisional one.

Ems came out earlier this year on a provisional visa and she has already applied for a PR visa due to the limitations she has found with it.

Hi Lou.

As Django and Mandy have said i came here on a temp 457 visa. I have to say that is the biggest mistake i made.Yes you can apply for PR after 3 months but if you don't like the job you are in then you feel really trapped and it can take quite a while to get PR sorted out.

What you need to ask yourself is:

Is it worth getting over here quicker to pos end up in a job you don't like?

I have now applied for the 175 (end of June) but have decided that is pos going to take to long so over the wkend i put in for state sponsorship so will hopefully get the 176 quicker. I do know other nurses who are in the same position as me and regret the temp Visa.

Good luck with everything and make the choice that is best for you and your family and not the agencies.

Guest Rob&SamThomas

Good luck with everything. We're from Cardiff and arrived about 3 months ago. As everyone has said there are loads of nursing jobs advertised so you shouldn't have any problems there, on the government job site there is a specific section for migrants which may be helpful. We came over on a PR visa and it take a fair while to get but once we arrived everything else was so straighforward.

Hope everything goes well for you.