Guest Aussie pat

Computers

Guest Aussie pat

Hi everyone

I'm not a technophobe but I'm getting a bit frustrated and was just wondering if any of you out there have been puzzling over this (obscure?) one. We have a one year old laptop and had been using Norton 360 2.0 for internet security and the rest of it. We recently replaced this with Norton 360 version 3 and since then have had lots of problems with Internet Explorer not responding. Could be pure coincidence of course!

I'm not looking for free complex tech support, just wondering if anyone's come across this as a way of establishing whether it is coincidence or not before I take further steps. Have tried to do a search on this but you get lost in the techno babble. Have also contacted Norton tech support. Of course Norton won't come straight out and tell you it's a prob, and it may be nothing to do with them. Comments fron any fellow sufferers appreciated.

Norton is Cack in my opinion...i have stayed very clear if for many many years...i used to use Mcafee, but git fd up with paying all the time.

I now use AVG which is free, and also use adaware or spybot search and destroy...i kep these regularly updated and thus far have had no problems...regular checks are a must too.

Alot of friends i know all keep well clear of Norton too.

Hope this helps

HG

PS you can download AVG, Adaware and spybot all from tinternet and its all free....

Yup,Norton hogs the system,slowing it down to ridiculous speeds,i too use AVG Free,plus advanced system care,CC Cleaner and anti-Malwarebytes,all top recommended on CNET downloads,and all free,not had any probs.

Another No for Norton and a big YES to AVG, I'm afraid. You might want to have a look at the add-ons in IE - disable anything Symantec/Norton etc. and see if that helps.

Not met anyone that uses Norton and doesn't have problems with their system.

J.

Norton is Cack quote]

Amen to that. Go for AVG and adaware and you might want to consider a different browser given the tangled mess that is IE (regardless of version).

Jim

Guest caoimhe

My hubby's in IT too and wouldn't touch Norten either, he swears by AVG

Guest ReadyPenny

Yep us too! Use McAfee and AVG, got rid of Norton yonks ago!!

Guest Guest75

Avast is another great and free anti virus.

I've used it for years.

Auto updates and it does keep a quiet eye on things.

I do a huge manual scan with it weekly.:):)

Guest Wersal Gummage
    Yep us too! Use McAfee and AVG

Not a very good idea.