Guest dastott

2nd hand stuff

Guest dastott

Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be moving to Adelaide on March 30th for 12 months. We might have to buy some stuff but because it is only a 12 month posting don't want to spend too much cash. I have looked at Gumtree and know Cash Converters have a few branches around the city. Are there any other options to get decent 2nd hand stuff?

Great site, by the way. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers.

Guest katsmajic

Hiya,

Theres alot of 2nd hand shops in Adelaide, op shops/salvos etc, most have furniture, right down to crockery etc.

Theres also the Lions - in blackwood/eden hills recycling centre - theres some real rubbish there but also some real bargains.

Good luck

kat

Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be moving to Adelaide on March 30th for 12 months. We might have to buy some stuff but because it is only a 12 month posting don't want to spend too much cash. I have looked at Gumtree and know Cash Converters have a few branches around the city. Are there any other options to get decent 2nd hand stuff?

Great site, by the way. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers.

And garage sales of course, lots of stuff available from there. I know of one couple who got all their kitchen stuff - pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, the lot - from Garage Sales.

Guest dastott

Thanks for the replies. How do you find out about garage sales? We won't have a car so it might be tricky.

Look in the for sale section on here as well.

Gumtree advertises garage sales as do the local papers.

Garage sales are normally advertised in local free newspapers and most just put signs up on streets and local shop display boards. We had microwave, tv for kids rooms, crockery and stuff from garage sales when we arrived, and the rotary club by parafields airport has a large 2nd hand warehouse full of house clearance stuff. If your only gonna be here for 12 months these places wll get you by or alternaticely try radio rentals and rent out what you need for the time being you could prob get beds/funiture everything and they'll deliver it and just pay weekly rent, depends how fussy you are.

Guest blewin

Go for a walk the first weekend here if the weather is good and signage will be out on main Roads. A good way to check out the area and pick up a bargain. People often will deliver for free if they know you are new here and it might be amazing what else they produce from there houses for you ie furniture, garden produce. Good Luck!