Fishing Comp Date.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest Guest75
but fishing people talk the opposite don't they.

stevo:D

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I have pictures and witnesses mate.

Not as though they might admit it!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Damien

I've seen the video on the internet!

What time you meeting at the shop Tyke? I'm fishing from 2-4, practise for next week ;) gotta get away from the mrs for a bit ha ha

Guest Guest75
I've seen the video on the internet!

What time you meeting at the shop Tyke? I'm fishing from 2-4, practise for next week ;) gotta get away from the mrs for a bit ha ha

Meeting around 2.30 mate.

Sorry about that.

Seriously - I reckon we should divide up the newcomer / don't know anything at all - against guys like you who at least know the game.

So two sections???

Honesty system obviously??

I'm not entering - crap a beach fishing.:swoon:

If not we'll just nobble you with 28lb of Snapper sinkers lassoed around yer neck :biglaugh:

Guest Damien

Yeah sounds good to me. Also not everyone will be wanting to kill their fish, so we need to be able to return them for another day, especially with kids fishing. Will be good to teach them catch and return, proper ways to handle fish, unhook them etc.

Also, kids won't want to win 6 packs of beer (apart from mine of course, my 5 year old is always walking around with a stubbie in her hand - proper Aussie!)

Only just looked at these threads as I thought it was a totally serious fishing thing, but see kids are going along. My kids only have cheap rods, and I have no idea how to fish, but might pop down with them, they'll love it. Soccer might interrput a bit, how long do you reckon you will be there?

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya foxy.

It not serious its for fun and for everyone to meet up so people can put faces to names.

Yes there will be some people taking it a bit more serious as there are very good prizes to be one.

It doesnt matter what tackle your kids have as long as they have fun, hell i used to fish with a bamboo with line tied to the end and used to catch on it.

Were starting at around 9 ish and probaly carry onto to around 2 or 3 pm.

Guest cornish Busdriver
Thanks Matt, one has soccer at 8.30, the other at 10.30 (might give that game a miss) so should be there around 10 I reckon.

HI foxy.

Soccer or fishing, Soccer or fishing, Soccer or fishing Mmmmmmmmmmmm bugger it lets go fishing :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Greg and Keely

might have a boat test at west beach and then rugby at the onkas,but i will def. pop down afters for a chat{if anyone is still about**lol

Guest Guest75
might have a boat test at west beach and then rugby at the onkas,but i will def. pop down afters for a chat{if anyone is still about**lol

What model boat are you looking at if I can ask??

Guest Damien

Angler's Choice on Beach Rd, Christies Beach will be open and Mark from the shop is coming to the match I think. Would be easy to swing by there on your way to Moana. See ya Saturday, forecast is good!

Guest cornish Busdriver
hi

is there a tackle shop nearby thats open early??

got to get some bait and stuff

cheers

steve

There will be a lot of white bait and pilchards supplied by Anglers Choice on the day.

so if ya wanna bring more bait i would sugest goolwa cockles.

Guest Greg and Keely

Hi all.My oldest son{Tyler,15** and his friend will be there but my youngest son is playing rugby in the morning in the city ,so i will only be there a bit later.Can you all keep an eye out for 2 teenaged boys for me till i get there.I will be in the red 4 Runner.Thanks and leave some big ones for me..lol

have a great day and i will see you all there.

Greg O'Neill

Guest Guest75

Well,the weather looks good, the prizes are not half bad considering it was just a "bit of a get together",hopefully the weed will be away :D:D

Looking forward to it :D

Guest Guest75
Hi all.My oldest son{Tyler,15** and his friend will be there but my youngest son is playing rugby in the morning in the city ,so i will only be there a bit later.Can you all keep an eye out for 2 teenaged boys for me till i get there.I will be in the red 4 Runner.Thanks and leave some big ones for me..lol

have a great day and i will see you all there.

Greg O'Neill

Greg - get the boys to come up and identify themselves to Matt or me.

We won't have official badges or anything but get the boys to look out for a white Toyota 4WD with a certain Tyke reg;);)

We will make sure they are OK or team them up with some good folk :D

Or get them to look out for an idiot in waders 15 sizes too big for him !!

Guest cornish Busdriver

The weather for Saturday is looking great with a 4.5knot northerly wind so should lift the surf a little that will be good.

As this get together and comp has gone from a few people to a quiet large number now and Moana being a dry beach and also as there are a lot of prizes instead of just beer; i am thinking instead of the 6 pack entry there will be a donation tin on the table for a children cancer charity instead.

There will be lots of white bait and pilchards for bait but if you want to bring some of your own i would recommend Goolwa Cockles.

Start is 9am or just after and will finshish by 2pm then all the prizes will be handed out.

Here are the prizes and categories.

Under 18 biggest catch = $30 fishing voucher supplied by www.auseelife.com.au

Novice biggest catch = 2 piece surf rod and reel supplied by Anglers Choice.

Experienced biggest catch = Made to measure waders supplied by Anglers Choice

and will be modelled by Tyke.

Woman’s biggest catch = 7ft one-piece general-purpose rod and reel.

Most Fish = $160 $160 Minor Car Servicesupplied by M D Auto Care, Aldinga

Mark from Anglers Choice will be on hand to offer advice, tips and tricks plus Anglers Choice has made up a load of little gift packs for people with stuff to get you started as well as suppling great prizes and bait.

Overall should be a great day for everyone.

Guest Damien

I've got a couple of pommie mates coming along for the ride. Hope this is ok, they have been here for a while now so should be able to give some good advice to us new arrivals.

Looking forward to it!

Damien

Guest motlyman

I have just loaded the barbie in the van for anyone who wants to bring sausages or burgers;)

As its early i will be having bacon sangas for breakie:)

Colin

My littlest one is being a pain and insisting on playing his soccer match at 10.30am in the city! hope to head down to the beach after, but probably just for a watch, as I reckon it will be nearly 12 by the time we get there :arghh:

You going to be near where you drive on or a lot further down (don't know if I dare drive a long way! :) )

Have fun all

Guest Guest75
My littlest one is being a pain and insisting on playing his soccer match at 10.30am in the city! hope to head down to the beach after, but probably just for a watch, as I reckon it will be nearly 12 by the time we get there :arghh:

You going to be near where you drive on or a lot further down (don't know if I dare drive a long way! :) )

Have fun all

We should be not too far from where you drive on - but not that we stop others getting on and through - look for my car ,ya know the rego:D