Fishing tackle & bait shop.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I'm posting these guys up as a sticky.

The Anglers Choice has become a firm favourite for many of us on here who are fishermen.

From the owner down they are so helpful with lots of free advice and support.

Most of the gear and bait you will ever want is stocked and at reasonable prices.

Regular shoppers do receive a discount card.

If you do call in mention the forum or even me.

Be honest with your fishing knowledge - if you know nothing - say so.The staff delight in helping people from the ground up. I'm one of them!

The Anglers Choice is very supportive of people new to the sport - so much so that they have massively supported the first PIA fishing competition with a very,very generous amount of prizes and give aways!:notworthy::notworthy:

So if you are wanting fishing gear/ tackle/ bait support The Anglers Choice - they support us!

On their web site there are directions.....

The Anglers Choice Bait & Tackle

Guest cornish Busdriver

100% Totaly Agree.

When i first got here, Arthur and the guys were only too happy to take time out to make sure i had all the relvent info and up on the fishing laws plus the help and advice was amazing.

Its the only tackle shop i use now.

Guest soggy
I'm posting these guys up as a sticky.

The Anglers Choice has become a firm favourite for many of us on here who are fishermen.

From the owner down they are so helpful with lots of free advice and support.

Most of the gear and bait you will ever want is stocked and at reasonable prices.

Regular shoppers do receive a discount card.

If you do call in mention the forum or even me.

Be honest with your fishing knowledge - if you know nothing - say so.The staff delight in helping people from the ground up. I'm one of them!

The Anglers Choice is very supportive of people new to the sport - so much so that they have massively supported the first PIA fishing competition with a very,very generous amount of prizes and give aways!:notworthy::notworthy:

So if you are wanting fishing gear/ tackle/ bait support The Anglers Choice - they support us!

On their web site there are directions.....

The Anglers Choice Bait & Tackle

I went in based on Tykes recomenation and am glad I did, told them I had no knowledge at all and a couple of hundred dollars to spend, they only took $75 and spent about 45 miniutes teaching me how to use what the sold me, how to tie knots and what bait to use, one day i'll catch a fish:D:D.

Simon

I went in based on Tykes recomenation and am glad I did, told them I had no knowledge at all and a couple of hundred dollars to spend, they only took $75 and spent about 45 miniutes teaching me how to use what the sold me, how to tie knots and what bait to use, one day i'll catch a fish:D:D.

Simon

I think we'll be visiting Thursday to buy some equipment for ma boys - I'll have to wait though :(

Cooler

Guest Guest75
I think we'll be visiting Thursday to buy some equipment for ma boys - I'll have to wait though :(

Cooler

Don't rush mate - I've spme"whippy" little rods they can try if ya want.

Don't feel pressured into buying until you know what sort of fishing you want to do :D

Guest Guest75
That'd be great Tyke. Are cockles the bait to buy?

Cheers,

Cooler

Cockles are the way to go - buy the imported ones - they will stay on longer.

I'm picking up a load of bait that Angler's Choice are donating - mixed stuff,that they are clearing,no cockles.

• 8 months later...
Guest tpgc03

Anyone thinking of taking up fishing or general advice need to check these guys out. I called in today to get my son Finlay (10) his first set up, basically explained what sort of fishing we wanted to do, off Jetty and up the Onka and a guy called Mark was really helpful.

I have some knowledge of coarse fishing from the UK and know my way round knots and some rig set ups but the other info such as baits, rods, general set up I haven't a clue!! Mark put us right and we came away having bought a general purpose set up and terminal tackle ready to roll over the Easter wknd.

Hopefully our son will take to fishing and then I can look at getting myself a set up v v soon and getting some hooks wet again. We even came away with a map of the best fishing spots, info about rigs and what baits to use.

Spot on......can't wait to get going

:jiggy:

Guest Guest75
have to agree their great guys ,

only trouble is getting andy back out again , and he moans at me when clothes shopping lol

At least we don't go into 73 shops then decide the first thing we saw is the right one:p

( I am soooo dead for that one!)

• 10 months later...
Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Thumbs up for them from here too. We got all our gear from there as well as lots of good info and advice. Hubby just needs to actually catch something now and he'll be happy lol