Diane

NE Suburbs Girls Night Out - Weds 11th August

Thinking of organising another girls' night out over this side of town. Thinking of 11th August (which is a week tomorrow) about 7:30 onwards, possibly at the Fox and Firkiin in Tea Tree Gully - although if lots want to come along, we may have to change venue as it's not that large in there, and it's only got a small carpark...

Anyone fancy it?

Diane

Guest Jo1980

I'm working that evening so won't be able to attend :-( any other possible dates???

Guest salisbury massive

You could always park in the Tea Tree Gully pub and walk across the road. I might be able to come.

Jo

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Sounds good to me. Within walking distance of home.

Rachel

You could always park in the Tea Tree Gully pub and walk across the road. I might be able to come.

Jo

That's a good idea. We'll aim for Fox n Firkiin then. Be great if you can come Jo, not seen you for ages!

Look forward to seeing everyone else there too. It will be exactly 6 years on that night since my first arrival in Adelaide - so hope you'll all celebrate/comiserate with me!!

Sorry the other Jo (Jo1980) can't make it, although if you get off work in time, you're welcome to drop in late of course - I think the Fox does normal pub hours (unlike other places we've been where they try and make us leave at 9pm!!!)

Guest Jo1980

I'll see what I can do, if not, roughly when do you think your next one will be?

Hi Jan

The pubs tend to be too crowded on Friday nights, and various people have other commitments. We've tended to go for a Wednesday in the past as it's the night that suits most people, but I know it doesn't suit everyone...I guess no night would really, with kids' commitments etc. I think the Fox might have live music on a Friday too which is incredibly noisy in that small room!

It doesn't tend to be a big rowdy evening anyway, so you should be ok for work the next morning!

Jo, not sure when the next one will be - probably mid October if I'm organising it as I have visitors throughout September, but nothing to stop anyone else organising something!

Diane

Guest Deborah5

hi Diane

i'll try and get there too. I love the Fox and Firkin.

debbie

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

Hi diane,

i think i should be good to go that night.

Helen xx

Guest wendy

Think I may tag along haven't been to a NE meet up before but live locally so may come along

Helen - I think we met at one down south - be nice to see you again ;-)

Guest WhatNow?

Nor me - I have a sore throat and splitting headache so you wouldn't want me around anyway. Have a great night.

Thanks everyone for coming along, was a good night and nice to see so many and put some names to faces (although didn't get to work out who everyone was!)

Good venue as well, thanks to the landlord for making us so welcome!

Diane

Hi RockDr, sorry about that - if you want to PM me with your email address, I try and email out to everyone I know before one of the get togethers too so if people aren't looking at the forum, they still get to know about them.

There was quite a crowd last night, but we should probably do them more often! Have you been to the Fox n Firkin before? It's a great little pub, and worked well I thought for a get together, so perhaps we'll try and do another one towards the end of the month? What do people think?

Anyone can pick a date and a venue, I only do it by default really (and probably because I've been here a while and know a handful of others personally so at least I know I won't be a total billy-no-mates on the night!) but that does mean of course that the night I pick suits me, and might not suit everyone else, so happy to be a by-stander anytime!

Gosh, I've rambled, only wanted to say a quick hi, and where are you living?

Diane

Guest Deborah5

Sorry to have missed it Diane. Work is getting in the way of life.

i'll keep trying....