887 online applications when to upload docs ?

ladycasper

Hi

I phoned immigration today with regards to the question on the visa number for our working holiday visa's, which they explained that if you do not have the visa number then to put in 0000000 and attach a document explaining why. I also asked them about the Federal Police checks, the lady said that we did not need to do them unless asked to but from what I have heard everyone gets asked to do them, so I will just apply for them on the two year mark. She also said that we would only be asked for medicals if we have spent more than a few months in a high risk country over the last few years.

I am just getting more excited than nervous now - yey!

From what I have seen on British expats it seems to be taking about a month or two now - so hopefully it will be the same for all of us.

Good luck everyone with your applications as well.

Yes I recently read that about the Police checks too. May have wasted the money on that. It did seem that everyone though you had to get them. Anyway never mind done now. Just waiting for case officer next. Does anyone know what happens with the medicare card ? do we have to apply for a new one or do we just get it automatically as ours says "recipricol "

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest3462

Beware with the AFP police checks though, we applied over a month ago for ours, got one back within a week and are still awaiting the second. On ringing to find out why they told us that there were lots of men with the same name and birthday as my hubby and had to do further investigation!!! The UK police checks are back quicker!! (oh dont wish to confuse things here, my visa app is very different and you guys do not need UK police checks too!) :-)

Beware with the AFP police checks though, we applied over a month ago for ours, got one back within a week and are still awaiting the second. On ringing to find out why they told us that there were lots of men with the same name and birthday as my hubby and had to do further investigation!!! The UK police checks are back quicker!! (oh dont wish to confuse things here, my visa app is very different and you guys do not need UK police checks too!) :-)

I wonder if women go to a different department than mens because mine took less than a week and hubbys took nearly 3, both went in same envelope and with a joint cheque.

Guest Martin and Val

Hi All,

Can we have some advise please? I've started filling out the on-line application this morning and saved at the medical page. What do we put in here?

It says:

"Have you undergone a medical examination for the purpose of this application at Health Services Australia?"

I've ticked:

"NO" for both of us as although we obviously had medicals in the UK we haven't had medicals at "Health Services Australia"

Have I done this correctly, what did everybody else do at this point in the application form?

How about this question:

• served in a military force or state-sponsored or private militia, or
  • undergone any military or paramilitary training, or
  • been trained in weapons or explosives use (however described),

Should British Army service be included in this?

And did anybody have issues when trying to enter their current visa number it asks for the first 10 digits and states in the example that you leave out the V and the A but then it doesn't except it and says you've entered the incorrect format! Am I stupid or are these forms made to p**s you off on a Saturday morning?

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Hi All,

Can we have some advise please? I've started filling out the on-line application this morning and saved at the medical page. What do we put in here?

It says:

"Have you undergone a medical examination for the purpose of this application at Health Services Australia?"

I've ticked:

"NO" for both of us as although we obviously had medicals in the UK we haven't had medicals at "Health Services Australia"

Have I done this correctly, what did everybody else do at this point in the application form?

How about this question:

• served in a military force or state-sponsored or private militia, or
  • undergone any military or paramilitary training, or
  • been trained in weapons or explosives use (however described),

Should British Army service be included in this?

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Martin, I ticked no also because we had them in UK.

I have also served in RAF but answered no, a lot of it is "red tape"

I hope weve got it all right. I am assuming that really all they are looking for is that 1 year working full time and 2 years living in SA. Hoping to get a case officer or visa soon...

Lynne

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Again,

Thanks for your reply Lynne.

How about the next question I have then.

The form asks for all my family members should I include all of Val's as well? It doesn't ask for your partners family!

In regard to the visa number if you include the last letter (an X in my case) it goes through OK even though that is then 11 digits not the 10 asked for!

Got to the payment page and saved. Obviously we don't upload anything until we have paid and have been asked to. Our two years isn't up until the 22nd of Oct so do I now need to wait until that date before I pay or can I pay and proceed to the upload doc's section prior to submitting the whole application?

What happens after the payment page? What does it ask you to upload? Does it all need to be certified? (I've almost everything certified and scanned/saved as a PDF anyway)

Thanks

Martin

Hi Again,

Thanks for your reply Lynne.

How about the next question I have then.

The form asks for all my family members should I include all of Val's as well? It doesn't ask for your partners family!

In regard to the visa number if you include the last letter (an X in my case) it goes through OK even though that is then 11 digits not the 10 asked for!

Got to the payment page and saved. Obviously we don't upload anything until we have paid and have been asked to. Our two years isn't up until the 22nd of Oct so do I now need to wait until that date before I pay or can I pay and proceed to the upload doc's section prior to submitting the whole application?

What happens after the payment page? What does it ask you to upload? Does it all need to be certified? (I've almost everything certified and scanned/saved as a PDF anyway)

Thanks

Martin

No the family members are for the main applicant.

Personally I did not want to risk paying a few days early to be told it was not within the 2 year time frame. So, I did the the day after the 2 years. It then tells you to print off your receipt and gives you a TRN. It then asks you to upload documents to proove you have worked 1 year and lived etc. It is a bit vague about what they need. However, as I can see you are as reasonably intelligent as me and I made the calculated assumption that it is not bother to upload, berth certs, passport main page, visa stickers and then i uploaded 2 years of elec bills, our rates bill, the tennacy agreement for 1 year and proof of house purchase a year ago. I also up loaded job offers and group certs for 2 years. I did not get any of it certified as I think certification is only for postal applications. I paid on 15.9.10 and uploaded all a week later, so here starts the waiting game. I will let you know if they come back and ask for more, which I will be surprised if they do.

Its weird becasue you "lodge" when you pay then you up load after, then there seems to be no formal "im finnished now give me my visa" so I assume these get dished out to variouis case officers to view and they either issue the visa or ask for more at that stage.

The letter at the end of the visa is standard I think.

After you pay you get 2 emails.

One issuing your bridging visa and one with information about what to up load. If you pm me with your email addy I will copy and paste them and send them to you, if it helps ?

lynne

Guest Martin and Val

Thanks for the info Lynne, I've sent you a PM with our e-mail address and would appreciate any further info you can give us.:D

I had wrote a post on here the other day but it was t the time POMS changed servers and it was obviously at the same time so it didn't publish!:realmad:

Anyway, just an update for anybody who is interested:

I had previously posted about our Police checks, we had them both back in a week but Val's had a mistake which as it took 10 years off of her she didn't mind! Anyway Canberra said if it was their mistake they would send a new one if it was my mistake then we would have to pay again. Well it was their mistake and they advised me Friday that a new one was being processed and will be sent out to us asap.

Also on Friday I phoned DIAC with a few questions which I list below along with the answers they gave me.

1) We have been out of OZ for 3 weeks earlier this year on holiday, do we have to delay our application by 3 weeks to cover this and qualify for the 2 years in SA?

No, you can apply at the 2 year stage provided it was annul leave and you remained employed during this time.

2) We will be applying on-line do we need to have all our documents certified?

Not colour docs but you will need to ave certified black and white documents. (Personally I think she was probably referring to paper based applications) We have had all of our documents certified and then I've re-scanned and saved as PDF's just in case.

3) What is the time frame after applying to actually receive the Visa?

The current time frame is FIVE months. (Again I think she may have been referring to paper based application so it will be interesting to see the time frames of fellow PIA members)

Good luck to all and keep us all informed of the progress made.

Thanks

Martin

Guest apedamak

I hope everything goes fine for you. I was on 495 and I applied online on 12 August 2010 and got my 887 on 10 September 2010, so am sure you will have yours way before Christmase:cute:

I hope everything goes fine for you. I was on 495 and I applied online on 12 August 2010 and got my 887 on 10 September 2010, so am sure you will have yours way before Christmase:cute:

Hi just asking this question that I think martin & Val and others may be interested in too !

I lodged and paid on 14th sept 2010. I uploaded the last of my docs about 10 days later.

As you only waited a month Im a bit concerned that I have not heard anything yet.

After uploading the documents do you actually have to do anything ? to say your have finnished ?????

we do have the 2 emails with the bridging visa..

Just getting a bit impatient !!!

Any advice ??

:notworthy:

Hi just asking this question that I think martin & Val and others may be interested in too !

I lodged and paid on 14th sept 2010. I uploaded the last of my docs about 10 days later.

As you only waited a month Im a bit concerned that I have not heard anything yet.

After uploading the documents do you actually have to do anything ? to say your have finnished ?????

Hi

I don't blame you for getting impatient. We lodged ours last Wednesday and have finished uploading everything, and it is now on my mind 24/7. Also, as you say there is no option to say that uploads have been completed.

I hope that it is not too long, as our lease runs out at the beginning of December and we were hoping to buy a house, but all the banks/mortage companies have told us to come back when we get the PR visa!

I really hope that you get yours soon.

Hi

I don't blame you for getting impatient. We lodged ours last Wednesday and have finished uploading everything, and it is now on my mind 24/7. Also, as you say there is no option to say that uploads have been completed.

I hope that it is not too long, as our lease runs out at the beginning of December and we were hoping to buy a house, but all the banks/mortage companies have told us to come back when we get the PR visa!

Thanks for your message..

We bought when you could before they changed the rules recently.

Will keep you informed. Some folk seem to have heard in less than a month.

Heres hoping for this week ! good luck with yours...

Lynne

Guest Martin and Val

OK, we left it a couple of days more than we needed to and then this morning I have opened the saved application, submitted it, paid the fee and then it went straight to upload documents.

I've uploaded all that has been requested plus extras with the exception of one thing!

It is asking for overseas Police Clearance!! I've uploaded the Australian Federal Checks so do I really need to get the UK ones? Can I upload the old UK ones that we had done to migrate originally?

The other thing on the check list was passport numbers for my parents etc who are not part of the application and are in the UK and staying there!?

When I left the application and then went back in to check on the application it says Bridging Visa granted and no longer asks for UK family passport numbers.

So it looks like it's all gone through and all I need to clarify now is the UK Police Check part. Anybody else with advice would be good.

Haven't received any emails yet but then it is Sunday and I've only just finished uploading all the bits.

Cheers

Martin

OK, we left it a couple of days more than we needed to and then this morning I have opened the saved application, submitted it, paid the fee and then it went straight to upload documents.

I've uploaded all that has been requested plus extras with the exception of one thing!

It is asking for overseas Police Clearance!! I've uploaded the Australian Federal Checks so do I really need to get the UK ones? Can I upload the old UK ones that we had done to migrate originally?

The other thing on the check list was passport numbers for my parents etc who are not part of the application and are in the UK and staying there!?

When I left the application and then went back in to check on the application it says Bridging Visa granted and no longer asks for UK family passport numbers.

So it looks like it's all gone through and all I need to clarify now is the UK Police Check part. Anybody else with advice would be good.

Haven't received any emails yet but then it is Sunday and I've only just finished uploading all the bits.

Cheers

Martin

Hi

Yes we had the same with all my husbands family members coming up as applicant 3, 4, 5 etc - we nearly had a heart attack and thought that we had some how added them to the application. We then phoned immigration and after waiting 25 minutes to get through to them, on line, it no longer said that we could attach any documents. We didn't get an email saying that the application had been processed or had the bridging visas till the next day. We did not attach or apply for any UK police checks as we have been told by other people who had applied and recieved the 887 visa that these were not required.

Claire

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Claire,

Same as you, I thought I had inadvertently added other family members to the application. It must simply send a default page through until it sorts itself out.

The UK Police check request stayed on there so I uploaded the old ones that we still had on file and almost instantly it disappeared from the check list!

Coincidence I feel:err:

I still haven't received any emails but being Sunday I didn't expect to. I could see 'Bridging Visa Granted' After logging back in to see how the application was progressing.

It would be nice to see a time line from all who have received their's to enable us to gage roughly how long we should expect to wait before getting worried.

Thanks and good luck to all those about to apply and those waiting on the answer.

Martin

Hi Claire,

Same as you, I thought I had inadvertently added other family members to the application. It must simply send a default page through until it sorts itself out.

The UK Police check request stayed on there so I uploaded the old ones that we still had on file and almost instantly it disappeared from the check list!

Coincidence I feel:err:

I still haven't received any emails but being Sunday I didn't expect to. I could see 'Bridging Visa Granted' After logging back in to see how the application was progressing.

It would be nice to see a time line from all who have received their's to enable us to gage roughly how long we should expect to wait before getting worried.

Thanks and good luck to all those about to apply and those waiting on the answer.

Martin

Hi Martin & val,

You have lodged now then ?

We lodged on 14th sept as you know and being a bit impatient I called yesterday. I called because when I send the blank email about time scales I dont get a reply to my adam address but do when I send it from my hotmail. odd !

Anyway the have not looked at ours yet but are looking at Sept 2010. So fingers crossed.

Good lukc with yours !

Guest WhatNow?

Just a thought, ladycasper - have you tried your Spam folder on Adam, they may be getting blocked? Happens to me all the time with my AOL account, but not with any others.

Hi

You don't have to have PR to get a mortgage!!??

You have been wrongly advised, you just need to get FIRB approval.

Just a thought, ladycasper - have you tried your Spam folder on Adam, they may be getting blocked? Happens to me all the time with my AOL account, but not with any others.

Hi yes I thought about that and checked. I noticed it was set to high so i changed that now.

I did get the bridging visa though so may be okay..

Anyway thats I called yesterday and he assured me that we do not have a case officer yet and it has not been issued yet, but that they are doing setpember.

so not long hopfully..

do you know when you get your full medicare card ??

Lynne

Guest Martin and Val
Hi Martin & val,

You have lodged now then ?

We lodged on 14th sept as you know and being a bit impatient I called yesterday. I called because when I send the blank email about time scales I dont get a reply to my adam address but do when I send it from my hotmail. odd !

Anyway the have not looked at ours yet but are looking at Sept 2010. So fingers crossed.

Good lukc with yours !

Yep, all lodged and I uploaded everything at the same time. They shouldn't want any more as I've uploaded everything possible and I even tried to get the kitchen sink in there!

We had 3 emails back very late Sunday night, which was the day we lodged. One was my Bridging Visa and one was Val's. The other was acknowledgment that our application had been received. (All of which were simply automated e-mails)

That's it now, just sit back and wait hopefully not to long though.:SLEEP:

Good luck with yours, please keep us posted.

Martin

Guest Martin and Val

do you know when you get your full medicare card ??

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Now don't quote me but I heard a while back that once your bridging Visa was granted you could up grade your medicare card by one level which I believe is a change in colour. Then you up grade again when you get PR. I don't know if this is correct or not but you may as well wait until you get the PR anyway as you will get the new card as soon as you show them your visa.

Good luck

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
I called because when I send the blank email about time scales I dont get a reply to my adam address but do when I send it from my hotmail. odd !

I've just read our email from DIAC and noted that the blank email you can send has two addresses. It depends if your visa application is being dealt with in Adelaide or Brisbane.

The 887 is processed in Brisbane so the email needs to go to: gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

This is what the email says:

Hope this is helpful

Martin

If you lodged an online application for one of the following subclasses it will be processed at the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre.

Skilled - Independent (subclass 885)

Skilled - Sponsored (subclass 886)

Skilled - Regional (subclass 887)

Skilled - Graduate (subclass 485)

Skilled - Regional Sponsored (subclass 487)

All other applications will be processed at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.

PROCESSING INFORMATION

Visa processing times vary and are affected by a range of factors outside of the department's control. Please note that as the department receives a large number of applications you will not be contacted immediately. For information on specific processing times please refer to: General Skilled Migration.

You will be contacted once your application is allocated to a case officer. Information concerning allocation timeframes is updated regularly and can be obtained by sending a blank email to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Adelaide) or gsmb.information@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Brisbane).

[

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Brisbane).

Hello

Have you had any luck receiving a reply from email address? A sent a blank email last week and two days later I got a mail return notice saying it had been sitting in a que with no response. I also sent on yesterday with still no reply.

Cheers

Claire

[

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Brisbane).

Hello

Have you had any luck receiving a reply from email address? A sent a blank email last week and two days later I got a mail return notice saying it had been sitting in a que with no response. I also sent on yesterday with still no reply.

Cheers

Claire

Hi yes i did try the brisbane one and also looked in my spam folder.

However, afer calling them earleir this week I am quite happy just to wait a few more weeks before getting stressed. We DID get the bridging visa ok, so thats all good.

Martin & Val, thanks about the medicare. i think i will hangout a few more weeks, wait and hopefully get the visa, then if a new medicare card doesnt turn up a couple of weeks after will call them.

:cute: feeling chilled today..can you tell lol

Lynne