887 online applications when to upload docs ?

ladycasper

Guest Sachertorte
Hello

We have some Brazlian friends who were not on a reciprocal medicare card. As soon as they applied for the 887 they got a medicare card. If you follow the link on the email which is sent to you when you submitt the 887 visa, it explains who to get the medicare card when you are on the bridging visa.

Hope this helps.

Claire

Worth double checking of course- but unless things have changed lately, as far as I know you should be entitled to the Medicare card when you are on the bridging visa

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth double checking of course- but unless things have changed lately, as far as I know you should be entitled to the Medicare card when you are on the bridging visa

Once you get Perm residency you take your medicare cards, passports and email printout of your visa grant to your local medicare office and they will sort it for you

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Here's todays email, copied and pasted below are the important bits.

Since my last blank email that I sent on 27th Oct the 887's being considered has moved forward from 19th Oct to 27th Oct. So in 5 days they have moved forward by 8!

Hope this helps and gives renewed hope to those of us waiting.

Cheers

Martin

Priority Processing Exemptions & Current Processing Times

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the priority processing

changes. Applications under these subclasses will continue to be

processed in the order in which they were received by the department – the

following subclass by application lodgement date identifies cases

currently being considered:

Skilled – Graduate Subclass 485

VC 485: Applications Lodged on or before 01 November 2009

Skilled – Regional Subclass 887

VB 887: Applications Lodged on or before 27 October 2010

Skilled Onshore E-Lodged Applications - Priority Group 3

885, 886 - Applications Lodged on or before 10 August 2009

487 - Applications Lodged on or before 12 March 2010

Hi Martin & val,

Do you have any good news yet ?

Just to let you know once you do all you do to get Full Medicare cards is take your recipricol ones, the visa print out and your passports to your local offices and they fill out a form for you and the new ones come in the post.

One of you can do it for the other so its easy !

Lynne

Guest Martin and Val

We had the very sad news that my Father died suddenly in England early Saturday morning so we phoned immigration first thing Monday to tell them and ask about how we leave the country urgently.

I had to upload another form due to the change in family circumstance and they said they would look at the application and call us back.

We received a phone call this afternoon informing us we have been granted our PR 887.

Now we have issues with flights. Celebrations don't seem correct now.:sad:

We had the very sad news that my Father died suddenly in England early Saturday morning so we phoned immigration first thing Monday to tell them and ask about how we leave the country urgently.

I had to upload another form due to the change in family circumstance and they said they would look at the application and call us back.

We received a phone call this afternoon informing us we have been granted our PR 887.

Now we have issues with flights. Celebrations don't seem correct now.:sad:

Martin & Val, what do I say ? it IS re assuring that immigration can be "nice" and helpful ! so sorry about your loss...

It may take a little while for your other news to sink in....

Take care and good luck with your flights ...

:dull:Lynne

Guest Martin and Val

If this helps anybody. We took our passports this morning to 55 Curry Street in the City and had the new visa slips put in. (Only open for Visa Slips Mon-Fri 9am through to 11am) It was on the third floor and we waited about THREE minutes! The chap said we were lucky as normally there would be about 60 people waiting, he said everybody must have been at the cricket!

We asked about Citizenship and was informed to our surprise that we can apply one year from today! They take our first entry date in Oz from a visitors visa back in 2007 and therefore we only have to do one full year on the PR visa to qualify for citizenship.

The other thing he highlighted to us was the travel restrictions that are still on the PR visa. The PR is for life and multiply travel is allowed in and out of Australia for the life of the visa which is 5 years. If you travel outside of Australia after this time you need to apply for a RRV (Resident Return Visa) which allows you back in at a cost of $260 each.

Or you can simply apply for Citizenship before that time at a cost of $260 each and then obtain an Australian passport which you no longer need a visa for.

We then went straight across the road to Medicare and asked for our medicare cards to be changed as we had just got PR. This was done straight away and temporary slips given to us. New cards will arrive in the post within 3 weeks.

Hope this makes sense and is of help.

Cheers and good luck everybody

Martin

Guest Sachertorte

Really sad to hear your news Martin and Val... I just checked to see whether you had your visa, and saw the signature before your message. My thoughts are with you.

If this helps anybody. We took our passports this morning to 55 Curry Street in the City and had the new visa slips put in. (Only open for Visa Slips Mon-Fri 9am through to 11am) It was on the third floor and we waited about THREE minutes! The chap said we were lucky as normally there would be about 60 people waiting, he said everybody must have been at the cricket!

We asked about Citizenship and was informed to our surprise that we can apply one year from today! They take our first entry date in Oz from a visitors visa back in 2007 and therefore we only have to do one full year on the PR visa to qualify for citizenship.

The other thing he highlighted to us was the travel restrictions that are still on the PR visa. The PR is for life and multiply travel is allowed in and out of Australia for the life of the visa which is 5 years. If you travel outside of Australia after this time you need to apply for a RRV (Resident Return Visa) which allows you back in at a cost of $260 each.

Or you can simply apply for Citizenship before that time at a cost of $260 each and then obtain an Australian passport which you no longer need a visa for.

We then went straight across the road to Medicare and asked for our medicare cards to be changed as we had just got PR. This was done straight away and temporary slips given to us. New cards will arrive in the post within 3 weeks.

Hope this makes sense and is of help.

Cheers and good luck everybody

Martin

Hi martin,

I was told that you did not have to get the visa stickers in your passports,that the print off e visa was enough is this okay ? or shall we go and get it ?

Thanks for the info about citizenship, 20 months time and we shall be applying.

It took 7 days for our new green meidcare cards.

Lynne

Guest Martin and Val
Hi martin,

I was told that you did not have to get the visa stickers in your passports,that the print off e visa was enough is this okay ? or shall we go and get it ?

Lynne

I don't know if you have to but Yes I would if I were you. They put a stamp across your old one and then put a new one on another page in your passport.

Go while the Cricket is on and remember they only do the visa labels between 9am and 11am. Third floor 55 Curry Street. Go straight to the counter and the lady will give you a number then sit and wait to be called. We were there early and the fella did say that normally about 60 people would be waiting! We were the only ones there. Good timing eh.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all of you recently granted your 887 visas!

And Martin, I'm sorry to hear your very sad news...I hope your journey back to England is a safe one.

Just wanted a bit of advice...we have got to the point with the online visa form where we can't go any further without paying so the next stage will be to pay and upload docs. We have NO recent Fed police checks (do have some dated from August but reckon these are too old to send) and as it is so close to Christmas thought that we ought to submit and then wait for them to be requested. We did consider re-applying for them now and then simply uploading them when they arrive BUT with it being so close to Christmas thought they might be held up and then by the time they arrive might be deemed too old! Bit of a catch 22...

What would you do?