Awaiting your 887?

minkyme29

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, any 887 granted recently? If so, what was the application date? Thanks a lot!

Applied for 887 on 8/2 but no CO yet...

I lodged my application on 1st of Feb. The CO ask for AFP on 21st Feb. Applied for AFP on 22nd Feb. So, hopefully, may get my AFP next week :policeman:. Will keep you posted on any further progress.

Guest enabrutus
I lodged my application on 1st of Feb. The CO ask for AFP on 21st Feb. Applied for AFP on 22nd Feb. So, hopefully, may get my AFP next week :policeman:. Will keep you posted on any further progress.

Many thanks. I applied for AFP on 21 Feb, although I haven't being asked to do so... just trying to streamline things ;)

Many thanks. I applied for AFP on 21 Feb, although I haven't being asked to do so... just trying to streamline things ;)

If you have done your AFP then I wud suggest you to upload it. :GEEK:

Once you load all the documents and get the TRN number, can you still go in and add more at later date? Asking because service is temporarily unavailable. Thanks.

We've had a CO since 3rd Feb but nothing has moved on our status so I'm going to phone again on Wednesday to see what's happening. We really want to get our private healthcare sorted as there's some really good deals out there just now! Grrr.....

We do too - it's just such a pain in the rear end all this waiting isn't it? Guessing you still haven't heard?

We'll be phoning again next week if they haven't assigned us a case officer by then - having been overlooked, it's all a bit worrying really. Sick of living in limbo land now.

Keep us posted everyone...:)

Guest enabrutus

Hi All, got my AFP clearances back today after a week. I applied from 495 on Feb 8 and no CO yet! I am also tired of waiting and waiting! Please keep me posted!!!! Cheers.

I too have applied for 887 on the 21st of Feb 2011. I got an email from the Brisbane office asking for addtional docs. The processing officer has asked for character certificates and medicals for me, hubby and child. But I am 35 weeks pregnant and had submitted the change in circumstances form when I filed the application declaring that I was pregnant. I haven't travelled outside Australia since arriving here 2 years ago on the SIR 495 Visa. My question is, if i have informed DIAC when uploading the docs that I am pregnant, can they still ask me for medicals. I was told my peers that if u do not travel out of the couuntry, they do not ask for medicals. I have submitted the AFP PCC's. I have written to the processing officer (could he be the C/O as well) a few days back asking him abt this. No reply...any comments r welcome. Has anyone been in a situation like this.

Guest cbeeb

WE got 887 over a year ago after been on 495 it took about 28-31 days but i never uploaded everything until day 25 but we already had AFP we never had to do medicals again but I am sure it is determined how complicated the case is. We were lucky enough to be with same employer for previous 2 years. They do process them rather quickly but on a bridging visa you can stay here as long as you want and start to sort out centrelink just do not keave the country- not good if hoping to go overseas. Keep the faith we are living the dream (mayt be slightly sarcastic- good luck if you meet criteria you will get it

Guest zoes904272

Hi Everyone. Just letting you know that we are now permanent visa holders - it took some time but the wait is over and the celebrations can begin! Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Guest enabrutus
Hi Everyone. Just letting you know that we are now permanent visa holders - it took some time but the wait is over and the celebrations can begin! Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Congratulations! Hopefully we all will have a reason to celebrate soon... ;)

Zoe and family

Many congratulations! That's brilliant to hear!

I do hope we hear something soon, no change to our status and no contact been made from any CO, haven't a clue what's happening and thoroughly cheesed off but still keeping the faith!

Enjoy your celebrations

Odette :)

Guest enabrutus
Just wondering if we can add a timeline we can all refer to?

Something like this:

jo_marnes

Arrive Adelaide: 16/03/09 (Visa 475)

Application for 887 Submitted: Not yet.... next week...(if police checks come back)!

CO:

Visa Grant & PR!:

enabrutus

Arrived in Adelaide: Feb 2006 (Visa 416)

Other visas: 442 and 495

Application for 887 submitted (online): 08/02/2011 - AFP checks uploaded on 02/03/2011

CO: Not yet

Visa Grant & PR!: Hopefully soon

Guest zoes904272

Here's our timeline:

Arrived in Adelaide: 15 December 2008 (Visa 475)

Application for 887 submitted: 16 December 2010

CO allocated: 3 February 2011

887 Visa granted: 7 March 2011

Guest zoes904272

Thanks Odette, we're convinced that lots of applications were held up when the Brisbane office closed for those two weeks in January. I would keep phoning and explain you are worried that your application has been lost.

Good luck!

Thanks Zoe.

Chris is working a lot of extra hours this week so the earliest opportunity for him to phone DIAC is 9am tomorrow morning. Our status remains unchanged on the online system. He spoke to them two weeks ago at which point they thought it had been overlooked and told us they'd email the department on our behalf but that he should phone back in two weeks if we hadn't heard anything - so tomorrow will hopefully provide some answers.

Did your online status change or did they simply grant the visa without updating it?

Guest zoes904272

Hi Odette. Did Chris manage to phone today? Hopefully you have some answers now. I phoned on four occasions and each time was told something different. When you are allocated a CO, you should receive an email from them notifying you of their contact details but we never received anything which is why we think it got caught up or was left when the office shut down for those two weeks. If you are not happy with the service you've had, it may be worth putting in a complaint which you can do through the on-line system.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

After all this struggle you have had Odette I think there are many of us on this forum who will be celebrating with you when they finally get to granting your 887 visa. Please keep us posted.

Thanks Zoe and Zoot, it's lovely to have your best wishes and support.

Chris will be phoning tomorrow (I originally meant Thursday) so will hopefully be able to post an update then.

Our circumstances are unusual and that's why we've been somewhat worried. Chris met the work criteria by working two part time jobs spread out over a prelonged period due to the nature of the contracts (one permanent and ongoing/continual and the other casual/sessional teaching at Unisa). We had many conversations with DIAC about this and they assured us that it would all be ok but still this waiting game can only play on one's mind and create doubts.

Will keep you all posted.

Have a great evening :)