Awaiting your 887?

minkyme29

Well what a surprise! Chris phoned them this morning to be told we'd been granted it overnight! In our eagerness to phone straight after kindy drop off we didn't even check our email before phoning but nice to be told by them directly. And I guess it makes them feel great too so bonus all round!

So we are now PERMANENT residents of Australia! OMG I can't believe it - it feels so amazing and I'm still crying with relief. Been a long road, some 8 years in total (5 reccying/planning/applying and 3 years here) but we've done what we have always dreamed about.

Thanks to all of you for your support and to anyone who's still waiting - good luck!

Got lots to do now - centrelink here we come but think we need to start planning a major party too! WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

:D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The immigration lines are hopeless. Everytime I have called they give me different answers. There's no uniformity. I called yest. and was on hold for 90 mins( got a massive headache listening to those recorded voices. I think i remember them byheart by now:)) If ur an online applicant, u can log on with ur TRN no. and if u see there a link saying Application Being Processed further, that means u have a CO. I have written to the CO thrice on the email he sent me....just a generic one...asking him about my pregnancy and the X-ray's...no answer from him. Also, as i said the cust. service agents on the helplines have no clue.....Also, just a query when u log on to check the status of the application, do u get the document checklist against each applicant's name? do u need to submit those docs as well or just the one the CO requested in the mail.

This is his first email to me...

Dear XXX,

Please see the attached information regarding XXXXXX (file no.)- Request Documents or Info.

Contacting GSM Brisbane

If you would like more information or have general enquiries about your General Skilled Migration application, please complete and submit an online enquiry form. These forms are available on our website at www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm. Please note it is not possible to attach documents to these forms.

You can also contact GSM Brisbane by telephone on:

1300 364 613 (inside Australia) for the cost of a local call

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia) Charges applicable in your home country will apply

Telephone hours (Australian Central Standard Time):

9 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday

Yours sincerely

XXXX

2 attachments — Download all attachments

Request Documents or Info.pdf

108K View Download

Request for information.pdf

102K View Download

Odette I am over the moon for you guys - finally you have served your time and been rewarded with that magic PR. I really hope you have something special planned to celebrate.

To all the others on here that are still waiting to hear - hurry up now DIAC, by fingers are turning blue they have been crossed so long. :biglaugh:

Congratulations to you all - I am so happy for you!

Well what a surprise! Chris phoned them this morning to be told we'd been granted it overnight! In our eagerness to phone straight after kindy drop off we didn't even check our email before phoning but nice to be told by them directly. And I guess it makes them feel great too so bonus all round!

So we are now PERMANENT residents of Australia! OMG I can't believe it - it feels so amazing and I'm still crying with relief. Been a long road, some 8 years in total (5 reccying/planning/applying and 3 years here) but we've done what we have always dreamed about.

Thanks to all of you for your support and to anyone who's still waiting - good luck!

Got lots to do now - centrelink here we come but think we need to start planning a major party too! WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

:D

Thanks again...wishing all the 887 wannabes all the very best. If we can get it, given that we met the criteria in a rather unconventional way, then anyone who has applied or who is applying should be reassured that they'll be ok.

Julie - surely it's nearly time for you to apply?

Guest enabrutus
Thanks again...wishing all the 887 wannabes all the very best. If we can get it, given that we met the criteria in a rather unconventional way, then anyone who has applied or who is applying should be reassured that they'll be ok.

Julie - surely it's nearly time for you to apply?

Congratulations guys!

We got a CO yesterday (10/3) who requested medical examination for my 4 months old daugther. Happy but a bit upset as appointment could only be booked for April 1... let's wait again...

Cheers!

Didnt you tell them I had been crossing my fingers for so long they were turning blue??:biglaugh:

Would be great if they suddenly phoned to tell you they had a cancellation and you could get an earlier appointment. Hang in there we will be celebrating with you too soon.

Guest enabrutus
Didnt you tell them I had been crossing my fingers for so long they were turning blue??:biglaugh:

Would be great if they suddenly phoned to tell you they had a cancellation and you could get an earlier appointment. Hang in there we will be celebrating with you too soon.

Thanks Zoot, your post is much appreciated!

Guest Diana

Hi to everyone.I am not waiting for 887 visa yet.But will apply in 6 months time.I would like to get some answers on my questions may be some of you could know.;)

I am working on ABN for some one in his shop.(getting pay on my bank account,no payslips,as giving Invoce to my employer.As far as I know Diac probably will ask for bank statments or Invoce book to check.)I work from home aswell(but that is only 10% of my income from employer).

At this stage have 41 week where Invoce says 35h or more.I should have 52 weeks?Is that right?But also some work which I have complited from home how should I proofe it to get the hours count?

If some could answer my question it would be great.Thanks.:notworthy:

Guest enabrutus

Hi Zoot,

Guess what? There has been a cancellation and my daughter's appointment changed to tomorrow (19/3)! :biglaugh:

Hopefully i wil have great news to share soon.

Cheers,

Enabrutus

Woo hoo fantastic news - now just for the visa grant and we can celebrate even more.

Hi Zoot,

Guess what? There has been a cancellation and my daughter's appointment changed to tomorrow (19/3)! :biglaugh:

Hopefully i wil have great news to share soon.

Cheers,

Enabrutus

Well here's hoping the dont have any more problems, get a dose of super energy and whip through the 887 applications so that you get your visa before you head out as Oz permanent residents.

Ours took 7 days, we did it online, we didnt wait for them to ask for the police report. I loaded the police report on day 7 and it was approved overnight. Didnt have to do medicals either. I guess it depends. I loaded a lot of information, lots of different documents all clearly labeled, etc. You never know with these things why it takes longer then others ... Good luck to the ones waiting ... The first time we applied it took forever and everyone that applied at the same time as us got it 2 months before us.

Not that accurate. When I applied for mine at the beginning of Feb they were saying they were processing early December - got mine in 2 days. Others who applied in December only got theirs after me. Seems their application got "overlooked" - so really it is anybody's guess. Most seem to be about the 2-3 week mark at the moment.

Guest enabrutus

Hi Guys, our 887 was approved today! Thank you so much for your support!!! To those still waiting, all the best of luck... be sure your 887 is just around the corner... I am so, so, happy!!! Hard to describe the feeling, but I am a Permanent Resident at last!!!

Woo hoo I am so excited for you what wonderful wonderful news. Eventually!!!

Who else is waiting?? Keep the good news coming I love having a reason to celebrate.

Thanks DIAC my fingers had lost circulation there for a bit. :biglaugh:

• 3 weeks later...
We recently applied for our 887 visas (family of 4) and got them in 20 days:jiggy:

We were on 475's initially.

Wow, thats very quick. Hope we are as lucky as that. We are a family of 4, and were on 475's originally aswell :) thats just brightened up my day

Thanks

James