SA Visa lodged and waiting thread :-))

Guest littlem

Guest SusieOR
Just checked the online tracker (as I do 15 times a day normally although I haven't checked it since this morning) and my meds have been finalised!! Woohoo!! Now just waiting for them to look at Noah's.

Natalie

Yeah...!!! Whohoooooooooooooo... wont be long for Noah's i'm sure...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Cara&Gav
I hope they update your tracker soon Cara! I totally feel your pain with the agent, if anything I think it makes the process more difficult, or maybe I just like to be certain something has been completed! I should really just grow a set and tell them I want my CO details! Haha

I was outraged with the email saying a month, was really hoping they would send an email!

I sent an email to the priority process timescale, and it confirms we are priority 2! The contact form seemed OK but states it may take up to 5 working days for a response, wish I sent it last week haha!

I hope you have some news soon! I will be delighted if anyone of us get the process! You lot have been like a virtual family the past few months....

Good point Cara with the SS being closed!

Thanks

Claire x

It was good to see johnny get his visa today and Mervyn and Lindie the other day, it shows all the CO's haven't buggered off on holiday lol

It's a shame you live in Glasgow - we couldn't be further away from each other lol Unless you ever have any reason to come down South let us know and we can meet. We're arranging to meet Nat & family in a couple of weeks, very excited!

Do you think you'll be in Oz when we go out, we're hoping to book flights 21st June when I get paid but I really want to have the visa's first as I'm scared I'll tempt fate! We're hoping to go end Sept/Oct, we're looking at leaving 21st Sept, coming back Sat 8th Oct & spending the last week in Adelaide (If the flights are still available).

xx

Guest Cara&Gav
Yeah...!!! Whohoooooooooooooo... wont be long for Noah's i'm sure...

Not long til your meds now Susie! are you excited/nervous? Then more waiting though I'm afraid but another step nearer....

Cara x

Guest Claire
It was good to see johnny get his visa today and Mervyn and Lindie the other day, it shows all the CO's haven't buggered off on holiday lol

It's a shame you live in Glasgow - we couldn't be further away from each other lol Unless you ever have any reason to come down South let us know and we can meet. We're arranging to meet Nat & family in a couple of weeks, very excited!

Do you think you'll be in Oz when we go out, we're hoping to book flights 21st June when I get paid but I really want to have the visa's first as I'm scared I'll tempt fate! We're hoping to go end Sept/Oct, we're looking at leaving 21st Sept, coming back Sat 8th Oct & spending the last week in Adelaide (If the flights are still available).

xx

Yeah I love seeing them be granted, means were nearly there! I hope we hear before they do all go a holiday!

I know, we definitely have to meet up! Would be great to meet everyone. Yes we will do if we are down your way I will let you know. We might in July for a weekend as we aint going on holiday this year :(

We are going to Oz in august - september so will be there when you validate! We will meet up then for sure! Oh its exciting thinking of this...who are you booking your flights with? Hopefully you will have your visa before pay day :)

X

Guest Cara&Gav
Yeah I love seeing them be granted, means were nearly there! I hope we hear before they do all go a holiday!

I know, we definitely have to meet up! Would be great to meet everyone. Yes we will do if we are down your way I will let you know. We might in July for a weekend as we aint going on holiday this year :(

We are going to Oz in august - september so will be there when you validate! We will meet up then for sure! Oh its exciting thinking of this...who are you booking your flights with? Hopefully you will have your visa before pay day :)

X

There's some flights with Cathay Pacific at the moment for around £800pp depending on which Airport you fly to (we're thinking of Perth as its the cheapest & nearest & we are doing a round trip anyway as we have friends there).

Oooh I hope you come down to visit! You are more than welcome to stay with us for a few days although we do have foreign students all July I think in the spare room:sad: Anyway, we could arrange a bit meet up if you come down. We are right on the south coast, you can walk to the sea in 5/10mins & a few mins drive to the south downs. It's a lovely area, if the weather was nicer and certain other things about the country better we wouldn't move!

x

Guest Claire
There's some flights with Cathay Pacific at the moment for around £800pp depending on which Airport you fly to (we're thinking of Perth as its the cheapest & nearest & we are doing a round trip anyway as we have friends there).

Oooh I hope you come down to visit! You are more than welcome to stay with us for a few days although we do have foreign students all July I think in the spare room:sad: Anyway, we could arrange a bit meet up if you come down. We are right on the south coast, you can walk to the sea in 5/10mins & a few mins drive to the south downs. It's a lovely area, if the weather was nicer and certain other things about the country better we wouldn't move!

x

That's a good price! You should try malaysia airlines we checked them out and they were quite cheap! I also have friends in Perth! That's where we wanted to go originally but we were a year short of the work experience!

Thanks for that! Ross has worked in west sussex before he says its nice! I have never been, if we come down I will give you notice and we can meet up! Sounds amazing you live so near the beach I would love that....totally agree with the other issues about the country!

Got a feeling I will be up during the night to check this tracker, told Ross we won't hear for another week but a little part of me thinks it may be tomorrow???? Xx

Guest natmark

Thanks everyone. It's feels like such a relief to even get this bit out of the way. Even though we do still have some more waiting to do with Noah's and the actual visa decision.

Claire - once you get your visa then Cara and I will be next in the queue I'm sure!

One day we'll look back on this (with a glass of aussie wine in hand!) and wonder why we let ourselves get so stressed!

Guest SusieOR
Not long til your meds now Susie! are you excited/nervous? Then more waiting though I'm afraid but another step nearer....

Cara x

I am ok... :eek: glad to be moving on to the next stage I think... worrying that there will be something wrong that we dont know about!!!

but after at least I can then get on with the frustrations of waiting for them to be finalised!!! & then the waiting for the visa!!!

I printed off the forms today & have been filling in the bits we need to fill in before we get there...

We are hoping to fly out in October so probably wont be there for your reccie so will have to save our meeting for a later date :D but I have to say girls... I am 38... if I look 78 when you meet me I am blaming it on the visa process!!! :biglaugh:

Guest Claire
Thanks everyone. It's feels like such a relief to even get this bit out of the way. Even though we do still have some more waiting to do with Noah's and the actual visa decision.

Claire - once you get your visa then Cara and I will be next in the queue I'm sure!

One day we'll look back on this (with a glass of aussie wine in hand!) and wonder why we let ourselves get so stressed!

Sooooo true, we will look back at this and laugh! Oh talking of aussie wine, have you tried wolfblassRose? Its delicious and from SA!

Xx

Guest natmark
Sooooo true, we will look back at this and laugh! Oh talking of aussie wine, have you tried wolfblassRose? Its delicious and from SA!

Xx

I haven't tried the wolf blass rose but I did buy myself a bottle of the hardy's rose. Very nice!!

Guest Cara&Gav
That's a good price! You should try malaysia airlines we checked them out and they were quite cheap! I also have friends in Perth! That's where we wanted to go originally but we were a year short of the work experience!

Thanks for that! Ross has worked in west sussex before he says its nice! I have never been, if we come down I will give you notice and we can meet up! Sounds amazing you live so near the beach I would love that....totally agree with the other issues about the country!

Got a feeling I will be up during the night to check this tracker, told Ross we won't hear for another week but a little part of me thinks it may be tomorrow???? Xx

Thanks for the tip, just tried Malaysia airlines and they are more expensive at £1000 a head. Still Cathay pacific so far but dont know if the flights will be available... oh well what will be will be, I need to learn to let go lol

I'm sending positive vibes for tonight for you, got everything crossed x

Guest Cara&Gav

I'm with you guys on the wine.. I've tried loads of wines from SA and they really do lovely wine! I say to my friends I bought a lovely wine from SA and they're like - what a suprise! lol Mmmm really fancy a glass now, will buy a bottle for tomorrow night,my mums coming to dinner with her newish boyfriend, they have been friends for about 5 years and have recently fallen for each other - so romantic! Met him for the first time a couple of weeks ago & we all ahd a lovely eveing, really like him :-) Will be easlier to go if my mum is happy too and someone for her to come and visit with!

Anyway, get me waffling way lol

Guest Cara&Gav
I am ok... :eek: glad to be moving on to the next stage I think... worrying that there will be something wrong that we dont know about!!!

but after at least I can then get on with the frustrations of waiting for them to be finalised!!! & then the waiting for the visa!!!

I printed off the forms today & have been filling in the bits we need to fill in before we get there...

We are hoping to fly out in October so probably wont be there for your reccie so will have to save our meeting for a later date :D but I have to say girls... I am 38... if I look 78 when you meet me I am blaming it on the visa process!!! :biglaugh:

It does feel never ending doesn't it!

What forms do you mean?....

Well I'm 33 & I'm going to have long grey hair soon! The men in white coats might take me before I get to leave the country :biglaugh:

Guest Claire

Well I'm 33 & I'm going to have long grey hair soon! The men in white coats might take me before I get to leave the country :biglaugh:

I am 25, and Ross is a baby at 23 - he told a white lie when we first met and told me he was the same age as me! Tut tut, am 26 in October hoping to be in aussie for it!

When is your meds Susie? X

Guest chickeni

Xx

I visited Wolf Blass winery previously! Very nice!

X

Guest Cara&Gav
I am 25, and Ross is a baby at 23 - he told a white lie when we first met and told me he was the same age as me! Tut tut, am 26 in October hoping to be in aussie for it!

When is your meds Susie? X

tut tut lol still love doesn't have an age lol

Whens your bday, mines 22nd Oct! x

Guest Cara&Gav
I visited Wolf Blass winery previously! Very nice!

X

Hey Sarah, good to have you join the conversation, I was just thinking of you oddly enough! :huh: How you doing?

Soooo much wine to choose from in SA, it's going to be awful... lol I will have to buy some of this Wolf Blass now, I'll try to get some tomorrow!

x

Guest Mrs & Mrs T
Thanks for the tip, just tried Malaysia airlines and they are more expensive at £1000 a head. Still Cathay pacific so far but dont know if the flights will be available... oh well what will be will be, I need to learn to let go lol

I'm sending positive vibes for tonight for you, got everything crossed x

Have you tried Singapore airlines? I was checking the other night but I was looking at April and they were £2200 for the 4 of us! (one way).

Iv just sent the hubby out to the shops but he came back with beer! Most disappointing, but after hollering at the kids to get to sleep and form Of alcohol will do, lol :)

Sarah x

Guest SusieOR

It seriously is never ending... we are coming up to 3 years since we went to our first Oz Expo!!! We started form filling shortly after...

The med forms are...

160EH - xray form

& 26EH - Medical Exam form

Hey Claire, Meds are on Monday....

& I beat you with the age though... my hubby is just turned 31... just a few years younger than me!!! LOL...

Guest Cara&Gav
Have you tried Singapore airlines? I was checking the other night but I was looking at April and they were £2200 for the 4 of us! (one way).

Iv just sent the hubby out to the shops but he came back with beer! Most disappointing, but after hollering at the kids to get to sleep and form Of alcohol will do, lol :)

Sarah x

HIya,

Just tried singapore thanks but still a bit mroe expensive at £1950 for two of us.

men, they never get it right do they lol

x

Guest Cara&Gav
I'm the 10th of October :D xx

Fellow Libran then? Do you have as much trouble making decisions lol salt and vinegar or Prawn cocktail crisps, hmmmm..... lol

joint party in OZ! x

Guest Cara&Gav
It seriously is never ending... we are coming up to 3 years since we went to our first Oz Expo!!! We started form filling shortly after...

The med forms are...

160EH - xray form

& 26EH - Medical Exam form

Hey Claire, Meds are on Monday....

& I beat you with the age though... my hubby is just turned 31... just a few years younger than me!!! LOL...

Sorry, me being stupid doh! :goofy:

I've got a toy boy too but only by 10 months! lol

Good Luck with meds, they're not nearly as bad as you think they're going to be honestly!