SA Visa lodged and waiting thread :-))

Guest littlem

Guest ben farrier

Nat and Johnny Congrats getting visa what a relief, Havent been on for a few days so read your last couple of days posts in one go ! Cara we had our meds finalised today so would you be kind enough to add to the thread. The family must be healthier than I thought ! Can anyone tell me what happens now is it just sit tight and wait, agent seemed very vague on time scales now. Also what are the Co actually doing what information has to be dealt with now, does it ever happen for people to get this far and then not get a visa ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Claire
Hey Claire, keep at your agent for the info you want... they didnt want to give me our TRN but I just kept at them & eventually they run out of excuses to not give it to me!!!

Good Luck... hope you get your email soon too :D

Response from my agent, not what I was hoping for! The email detailed:

Basically I was only allocated a CO over a month ago, I am luckier than those that have been waiting for years! Too let the process run its couse and be patient as it will happen.

Not to compare myself to others - as there circumstances maybe different (even though I detailed a few cases were the exact same as ours).

I am really quite upset, I appreciate people have different circumstances. But all I am looking for is an email to be issued to our CO for an update if any!

:( x

Guest Mrs & Mrs T

Basically I was only allocated a CO over a month ago, I am luckier than those that have been waiting for years! Too let the process run its couse and be patient as it will happen.

Not to compare myself to others - as there circumstances maybe different (even though I detailed a few cases were the exact same as ours).

I am really quite upset, I appreciate people have different circumstances. But all I am looking for is an email to be issued to our CO for an update if any!

Are you not paying the agent to work for you? surely your well within your right to request if there is anything holding up your visa?

Why not request your TRN if you don't already have it and call them direct?

Im sure your visa grant is immenant so try not to worry but i completely understand how frustrating this is, we have been waiting 2 years for this, i still can't get my head around the fact that this time next year we will be out there, finally...

Keep positive x

I cannot believe he sent that to you, I would of gone mental. He is employed by you to help get your Visa, why is he talking about others, they do not concern you. Sack him and do the rest yourself, ask for direct contact details. I never used agent I think they are leaches.

Stephen

Guest SusieOR

I wouldnt go into any details with your agent...

Just reply to them asking for your info... You want your TRN... you want your CO & Team info!!! & keep at them...

They have no right to withhold this info from you because it is your TRN, your Case Officer & your Team... not theirs!!!

& I absolutely wouldnt be bothered with their timescales... we too were told it could be months but we are just ignoring that & taking it with a pinch of salt!!!

You know you can get rid of your agent... all you have to do is send a couple of forms off to DIAC, if anyone wants a copy of these let me know & I can pass em on!!! We were thinking about it but then decided not to at this stage after we have paid them to sort things out!!!

Anyway... good luck... your day will be here soon!!!

Guest SusieOR
Nat and Johnny Congrats getting visa what a relief, Havent been on for a few days so read your last couple of days posts in one go ! Cara we had our meds finalised today so would you be kind enough to add to the thread. The family must be healthier than I thought ! Can anyone tell me what happens now is it just sit tight and wait, agent seemed very vague on time scales now. Also what are the Co actually doing what information has to be dealt with now, does it ever happen for people to get this far and then not get a visa ?

Hey yes it does happen for people to get this far & then get refused... but... I think they are few & far between!!!

Yep... you need to sit back & wait it out!!! Shouldnt be very long!!!

Hi Susie I see you are having your meds done on monday. Is it in the Mater you are getting them done as that is where we will be getting ours done hopefully. Could you let e=me know how you get on and whats involved thanks.

Guest SusieOR
Hi Susie I see you are having your meds done on monday. Is it in the Mater you are getting them done as that is where we will be getting ours done hopefully. Could you let e=me know how you get on and whats involved thanks.

Yep in the Mater... I'll let u know how it goes, no worries!!!!

Sx

Guest natmark

Claire

I don't like the sound of your agent! He should be working for you, helping you get your visa. Surely by doing this he can (in a nice way) get rid of you off of his books. Plus it's one more success story for his company.

I think you should ask (no actually demand) your CO's details and get in touch with him yourself. It can't do any harm and I don't see why it should be frowned upon. You have paid the immigration department over $2500 so surely you are entitled to speak to them. All it can do is remind your CO that you are there and waiting.

We were lucky as our agent has been fab and has forwarded us any emails that they have received from our CO so we've always had his name and contact details, so we (our agent and ourselves) have always kept him abreast of the situation re: Noah's meds and the e-health problem. We've never had any negative feedback from either our agent or CO about making direct contact.

Hopefully you'll get the response you're looking for after sending that 'Contact Us' email last night.

Fingers crossed for you

Natalie xx

Guest ben farrier

Spoke to my agent today and she said that it was customary for them to send an email to Co when medicals were finalised to push them along a bit.Don,t know if that helps at all. Your agent sounds less than helpful.

Guest Opportunities

Claire,

Enough is enough! You are not asking for any favours! You know all of this... the agent is employed by you,therefore he needs to render a service to you, the client!

Cancel his services (non-existing service) and get in contact with DIAC yourself.

When we started this process, we opted to go solo, not make use of an agent! I never even researched the cost involved for an agent. Do you know why? It is not the migration agent's life, it is YOUR LIFE, he is dealing with! Whether he follows up today or within a week, makes no difference to him, but it makes a huge difference to you. I am sure you get some agents who can be very dedicated to their client... Take things into your own hands! Be your own driver!

Good luck!

Karen

x

Guest tilly

ok visa was lodged on the 6th of this month. we rang them to see whats going on and were told there is currently a 3 weeks backlog but not to panic. we are on the 176 family sponsored visa.

congratulations! we also used immigration2oz so good to hear someone with the same agent that has got their visa - looks like we had a similar timescale until the latest bit, think we are still in for a long wait!! HUGE congratulations on the meds! no doubt a worthshile feeed interruption!! x

Guest Claire

Thanks everyone!

I have had tiem this afternoon to think about this, I will give it another week and email them again asking for the details! Afterall we haven't been waiting too long.

I was upset with the response, as I am not stupid I am aware people have different circumstances but I want to know about my case!

They have been great, and dealt with everything straight away and kept us updated with everything. I am so used to dealing with everything so not being able to deal with this is a complete nightmare to me.

I dont know why they havent gave my CO details, as we have our TRN!

Anyways its the weekend, which means a long lies woohooooooo!!

Natalie - I hope your celebrating!

xx

Guest Claire
I have a glass of champers in hand Claire!!!

You never know - tomorrow may be your day (CO's do work Saturday's!)

You certainly deserve it, hope you are enjoying! I am on the tea haha.

Oh Natalie, do they? I didn't know this! Have they always worked on a Saturday?

Claire xx

Guest natmark
You certainly deserve it, hope you are enjoying! I am on the tea haha.

Oh Natalie, do they? I didn't know this! Have they always worked on a Saturday?

Claire xx

I think so. When we were allocated a case officer he sent the email to our agent on a Saturday (Aussie time) so we received it on the Saturday morning (UK time).

Don't worry I'm sure you'll be on the champers too soon xxxx

Guest Claire
Hello Chaps

I'm jumping over from the SA timeline thread to this one could you add me to the list please.

mattyegg - System Administrator

SA SS Approved 31/05/11

Visa Lodged 10/06/2011

Case Officer -

Visa Granted -

Thanks

Mattyegg

Excellent the visa is submitted, hope you are allocated a CO soon, what visa have you submitted?

Noticed your from Glasgow, we are too! Where abouts are you?

Claire :)

Hello Claire

We submitted 176 Visa, my occupation is on schedule 4 of the SOL.

We are living in Bridgeton at the moment, although we like to call it Glasgow Green East.

We're just one behind the Green so quite handy for the town and work.

Where are you located?

Matt

Guest chickeni
Hey Sarah, good to have you join the conversation, I was just thinking of you oddly enough! :huh: How you doing?

Soooo much wine to choose from in SA, it's going to be awful... lol I will have to buy some of this Wolf Blass now, I'll try to get some tomorrow!

x

Hi Cara,

I'm good thanks. I keep close tabs on everything going on but have taken on some more work for next couple of months so it's a little crazy! Finish work on 19th August tho and that's not far away!

Your visa journey is so nearly over it's just a matter of a few more days I'm sure! Hang in there!! I'm very excited for you!!!

Sarah

X

Guest natmark
Hi Natalie,

Nothing for me today! :)

How are you? X

I know it won't be long now :-)

It still all feels a bit surreal. Not sure how I thought I'd feel bit it is weird not having to check the tracker. I was bordering on OCD with it though!

Last night we wanted to enjoy it and not talk about the money side of it (flights, removals, possibly validating etc...) but we will now.

Also am a bit nervous about telling my mum. I know she's going to get upset as I'm taking her only 2 grandchildren away (my brother lives in the US but doesn't have any kids yet). We're all going on a big family holiday (aunts and uncles aswell!) in a couple of weeks so I want to wait until after that so it doesn't put a dampner on it. I'm seeing my dad tomorrow and will tell him as he's always been quite supportive. As for Mark's mum and dad - they're either in denial or not bothered so I dint think Mark's going to go out of his way to tell them! Family's!!!!

How have yours and Ross's been about the move?

Natalie

Guest Cara&Gav

October 2008 - 1 Approved

Stephen69 - Stephen Rachel and Amy

SA SS approved - 21/3/11

Visa lodged - 11/10/08

Visa granted - 24/5/11!!!

April 2009 - 1 CO

Mrs & Mrs T (This is an error i am actually married to a man but it makes a nice change!!!)

Visa 176 lodged - 06/04/2009

SA SS Approved - 25/03/2011

CO - 30/3/2011

Visa approval - Maybe one day

June 2009 - 3 CO's - 1 Approved

SusieOR - Colm, Susie, Caoife & Kiara

SA SS approved - 12/05/11

Visa lodged - 02/06/09

Case Officer - 23/5/11

medicals - 13/6/11

Visa Granted - ???

WAITINGGAME - Lindsey, Spencer, Declan and Dylan

SS approved - I got SS for QLD in Feb 09, now changed our minds to SA

175 Visa lodged - 13/06/09

Case Officer - 22/02/11

Medicals booked - 01/04/11

Police Checks - Finalised

Visa Granted - Not yet

Meldrew9799

175 Visa Lodged 22-06-09

SS granted 21-03-11

visa granted 23-5-11

Emma&Vas

SA SS Approved- 29/03/11

Visa Lodged- 25/06/09

Case Officer- 19/4/11

Visa Granted- ????

October 2009 - 1 Approved

Heys4oz - Debbie,Graham,Auckland(9),Sophie(8)

SA SS approved-22/03/11

Visa lodged-20/10/09

Visa granted- 10/4/11!!

November 2009 - 2Approved

jools 123

hairdresser

ss received - 31/3/11

visa lodged - 14/11/09

visa granted 27/4/11!!

Littlem - Michelle & John

SA SS approved - 28/2/11

Visa lodged - 27/11/09

Visa Granted - 14/4/11 whoooo hooo!

April 2010 - 1 CO

Jemima - OH ROOF TILER

SA STATE SPONSORSHIP...30/04/10

GOT CO...17/02/11 POLICE CHECKS...14/3/11

MEDS...21/3/11

September 2010 - 1 CO

Rachb1

SA SS approved - 27/4/11

Visa lodged - 16/09/2009

Case Officer - 10/5/11

Meds - 7/6/11

PC's sent 27/4/11

March 2011 - 4 CO's - 8 Approved

Sharons dream - Sharon

SS approved 28/2/11

Visa lodged. 7/3/11

Visa Granted 5/4/11 Congrats!!!

Baggienurse- Lisa

SA SS confirmed 3/3/11

176 visa lodged 10/3/11

Visa granted- 6/5/11!!

The Reeds - Agent contacted Jan 09

SS granted 16.3.11 (Yay!)

176 application submitted 17.3.11

Visa granted 9/5/11!

Jay & Lou - Jay and Louise

SA SS approved - 16/03/11

176 Visa lodged - 21/03/11

Visa granted - 20/5/11!!!

Chickeni - Sarah, Kev, Chloe & Harry

SA SS Approved 22/3/11

Visa Lodged 23/3/11

Visa Approved - 17/5/11!!!

natmark - Natalie, Mark, Ella (2), and baby Noah born 20/4 CONGRATS!!

SA SS approved - 22.3.11

Visa lodged - 24.3.11

Case officer - yes

Visa granted - 10.6.11!!

Cara&Gav

SA SS approved - 16/3/11

Visa lodged - 25/3/11

Case Officer - 20/4/11

Meds - 25/5/11

Visa Granted - can't wait!

johnny.w . electrician

ss approved 24/3/11

visa lodged 29/3/11

co 5/5/11

Visa granted 9/6/11!!!

Name - Owenker4 - Neil & Kerry

Occ - Telecommunications Engineer

SS granted - 23rd March 2011

Visa lodged - 30th March 2011

Visa granted - 17/5/11!!!

Claire

SS Approved 28th March 2011

Visa Lodged 31st March 2011

CO 4th March 2011

Jwana

SA SS approved 24-02-11

Visa lodged 21-03-11

CO assigned 19-04-11

Medicals 04-05-11

Medicals reffered 11-05-11

PCC sent to agent 14-05-11

mksandi

ss approved - 18/03/2011

visa lodged - 25/03/2011

co allocated - 19/04/2011

pcc uploaded - 29/04/2011

meds finalised 16/05/2011

April 2011 - 7 CO's - 3 Approved

Steven - Steven and Wendy

04-04-2011 SS Approved

04-04-2011 Applied for 176 visa!

Visa granted - 18/5/11!!!

Clan fortune

SA SS approved 23/03/2011

176 Visa Lodged 05/04/2011

Case Officer - 19/4/11

Visa Granted - Not Yet

Mervyn and Lindie

SS Granted- 4/4/11

Visa lodged-13/04/11

CO - 10/5/11

Meds uploaded via eHelath - 25/5/11

PCc uploaded -26/5/11

VISA granted - 8/6/11!!

Opportunities:Tian,Karen,Kirsten,Kristel & Christian

Occ.- Welder

SA SS Granted:14/04/11

Visa 176 Lodged:14/04/11

Visa Granted: 12/5/11

Ben Farrier

SA ss applied february 2011

SS granted april 2011

visa lodged 16/04/2011

Co - 10/5/2011

Meds - 26/5/2011 finalised 10/6/11

Vaskoka - Vasko & Biljana

SA SS approved - 13/4/11

Visa lodged - 19/04/11

Case Officer - 2/6/11

Visa Granted -

Ejaytee - Emma & Gary

SA SS approved - 28/3/11

Visa lodged - 4/4/11

Case Officer - 19/4/11

Meds - 11/5/11

PCC applied - 19/4/11

Visa Granted -

Mary

SA SS approved - 6/4/11

Visa lodged - 20/4/11

Case Officer - 16/5/11

PCC applied - 16/5/11

Meds booked - 24/5/11

Visa granted -

Nic-manchester

SS Decision - APPROVED 06.04.2011 YIPPEE

Visa - Lodged 16.04.11

CO Appointed 09.05.11

Jacksons

SS Approved 22/3/11

Visa lodged 15/4/11

PC's returned 18/5/11

Medicals booked 2/6/11

CO 1/6/11

Visa granted Not yet!!

May 2011 - 3 Waiting - 8 CO - 1 Approved!

Rusty5000 - Nicki

SA SS approved - 27/4/11

Visa lodged - 14/5/11

Case Officer - 24/5/11

Meds -

Tori0609

SA SS - online application submitted 9 Mar 2011

SA unable to accept anymore bricklayers 7 April

175 Visa - Lodged 4 May 2011

The waiting game has commenced! Want to be in OZ ASAP!!

JayandEm

SS approved 9/5/11

Online Visa 176 lodged 10/5/11

CO - 24/5/11

Visa Approved 3/6/11!!

Teamv:Kevin Vicky Glenn and baby Alex.

Occ.- Deisel Mechanic

SA SS Granted:27/04/11

Visa 176 Lodged:12/05/11

Case Officer:24/5/11

Police Check:

Meds:

Visa Granted:

MasterEales - Chris

Applied ACS - 8th November 2010 - 262113 (System Administrator)

SA - Docs Recieved -14th April - Approved 12th May

Applied Visa - 14 May

CO - 24/5/11

Helenrimmer - Family of 8 (shane, Helen, Maisie, Joe, Phoebe, Finlay, Tabitha & Phoenix)

SS Approved 29/4/2011

SS 176 Visa Lodged 18th May 2011

Waiting for C/O Now..

Meds 24th June

CO 27th May

Visa Granted .............

Taxi

SS Approved: 13.05.2011

176 submitted online 18.05.2011

CO.......

visa granted......

Hughes'Roberts - Garry & Natalie

SA SS Approved 27/4/11

176 Visa lodged 13/5/11

CO 2/6/11

Zacksl - Zack

SA Approved - 17th May 2011

176 Applied - 18th May 2011

CO - 2nd June 2011

PCC Applied - 10th May 2011 (frontloading)

Meds - received & referred

leeannekays

SS Approved 9th May 2011

Visa Lodged 24th May 2011

CO 8th June 2011

Visa.......

Jen, Steve, Harriet and George aka jenstev

SA SS granted 29/04/11

176 visa lodged 18/05/11

CO 1/6/11

Worrying about medicals.......

Fishes20 AKA Jase, Vicky, Ben and little Rose Blossom

S.S Approved 19th May

Visa Lodged 21st May

C.O 31st May

Meds Booked (not yet)

Police checks ( send Thursday )

Visa Granted ASAP would be nice Ta

June 2011 - 3 waiting

Pixie7 - Helen (teacher) Chris (IT)

SA SS approved 31/5/11

176 visa lodged 4/6/11

CO...........

Visa granted......

dc79 - Derek (Business machine mechanic)

SA SS approved 31/05/11

176 lodged online 06/06/11

CO......

mattyegg - System Administrator

SA SS Approved 31/05/11

Visa Lodged 10/06/2011

Case Officer -

Visa Granted -