Anyone in Yorkshire?

Guest helene73

Guest helene73
Was assigned our CO yesterday, already booked medicals for 2nd June. Can't wait for future in oz (fingers crossed) I can imagine the results will seem to take for ever.....

congratulations your 1 step closer to your dream good luck with your medicals ect. :goofy:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest helene73
Yes, I'm in Halifax waiting on a reply from Engineering Australia before I can submit my state sponsorship application form. Currently using an agency with regards my application (not sure if good idea). IELTS to sit next!!!!!

i am using a agent too, but in regard to SA SS i could have done that myself and saved cash if it was'nt for the deadline, agent came in quite handy there as their SS specalist was based in Melbourne so the paperwork arrived in time for the cut off, there is no way it would have got there if it had to have been posted from the uk.

good luck with your SS if you have any questions ask away someone will help with it:jiggy:

Guest Steve O

Yes, but just been informed by the agency that SA has closed the doors on SS for my skill. Therefore will either have to wait for the next skills lists to be released or try elsewhere. I am not on the Queensland list so it leaves me remote Perth or Victoria. Prefer Adelaide, so may just wait. This should give me time for the engineering results to come back and also give me time to prepare for the IELTS exam.

Guest helene73
Yes, but just been informed by the agency that SA has closed the doors on SS for my skill. Therefore will either have to wait for the next skills lists to be released or try elsewhere. I am not on the Queensland list so it leaves me remote Perth or Victoria. Prefer Adelaide, so may just wait. This should give me time for the engineering results to come back and also give me time to prepare for the IELTS exam.

You don't have too long to wait till the new lists come out, and it looks like you would not have made the cut off for SA SS but it's whether you wait and take the gamble you will get in on the new July points system!

Or just go for one of the options you have already, big decision eh!

Yes WA is remote in terms of travel to other oz cities but we didn't feel this when we went to Perth in October, it's a new modern city and has everything you could possible want there it's much bigger than you think too. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest AngPhil

Hi,

Me and my OH are both Yorkshire folk. I'm from Baildon near Bradford and my hubby is from Pudsey, we now live in Bingley.

We have got our visa and just verified it last month, we are going to make the move in summer 2012. I'm a secondary Maths teacher and my hubby is an electrician, we have two boys 11 and 7.

Can't wait to make the move and would love to get to know people before we get there.

Guest Guest75
Hi,

Me and my OH are both Yorkshire folk. I'm from Baildon near Bradford and my hubby is from Pudsey, we now live in Bingley.

We have got our visa and just verified it last month, we are going to make the move in summer 2012. I'm a secondary Maths teacher and my hubby is an electrician, we have two boys 11 and 7.

Can't wait to make the move and would love to get to know people before we get there.

This world get's smaller.

I'm from Pudsey and my brother lives at Hollin Head in Baildon.

Guest gareth19198080

Hi there,

My wife son and I moved to Adelaide in Feb and are loving it so far, great place, very family friendly. Im actually from lancashire , quite near yorks. tho eh? lol. How far with the process are you?

Regards Gareth

Guest Guest75
its looking that way helene !! at least somebody will be able to make a propper yorkshire pudding in adelaide ...

That's Mrs Tyke's job!! She makes some belting Yorkshires:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Guest SusieOR
Haha I have a problem making Yorkshire puds, they come out far to big and I mean big! :)

A yorkshire pudding can never be too big!!! LOL...

Can you get the right flour here in Adelaide? When I visited my mum in law in Batley she used to make entire baking tray sized Yorkshire puds (they can never be too big!). When she visited she complained that the flour "wernt reight" as they never came out right!

What do you recommend? I have a tea towel with the recipe on it, bought at the converted mills down on Bradford Road but I can't get them right!

Tamara

its looking that way helene !! at least somebody will be able to make a propper yorkshire pudding in adelaide ...

My better half runs the staff canteen at Bedford Industries and made Yorkshire puddings the other week and they went down a storm with the Aussies, They were even asking for take aways for home. They've just got to get their heads around proper gravy and brown sauce next. "Come the revolution."

Guest helene73
dont panic.. if your ss is in and they have your hard copies everything should be o.k fingers crossed

It's all in been in 2 weeks waiting for go Matilda to ring me :(