sunnyside

Anyone from India / Sri Lanka?

Gloomy day!!! Missing home v much and there aren't many from our country here.

Indians & Sri Lankans are our closest neighbors and lot of similarities in culture, food and many others.

We are in Melrose Park, anyone around?

Guest Roo1

Hello again!

Do you have children? Why I ask, is that a lovely Indian Hindu family from Fiji come to the playgroup I go to on a Friday morning. There's also a grandma who speaks punjabi who turns up with her granddaughter. Bless her, she doesn't speak much English but is always smiling and wanting to make conversation.

You could come along (I'm sure it will be fine even if you don't have kids) or if you like I can pass on your email address/telephone number if you like.

Unfortuantly playgroup has finished for the end of term but we can set something up for next term.

Judi :D

Guest Roo1

Sunnyside, I've just had a look through your blog. LOVE the make up and skin care range!

The curries look tasty too. My OH is a the curry cook in our house. I'll be passing on your tips! :cute:

Judi

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya

Im doing some stuff for the Fiji social and cultral club of Sa and they got a quiz night on the 21st May at St Marys if ya fancy going along.

$15 for the night and includes dinner as well

Heres the link to there facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=50029722327 where you can see the pics from the last BULA SALAAM NAMASTE night and how much fun we had lol lol lol

Guest moonraker1959
    Hiya

Im doing some stuff for the Fiji social and cultral club of Sa and they got a quiz night on the 21st May at St Marys if ya fancy going along.

$15 for the night and includes dinner as well

Heres the link to there facebook page Login | Facebook where you can see the pics from the last BULA SALAAM NAMASTE night and how much fun we had lol lol lol

Hi CB,tried to follow the link of FB but it did'nt work!Sounds like a fun night and its something I would definately consider attending!

Guest cornish Busdriver
    Hi CB,tried to follow the link of FB but it did'nt work!Sounds like a fun night and its something I would definately consider attending!

You probally gotta be logged into face book.

Its on the 21st May at St Bernadetts School, south road St Marys, doors open at 6.30pm for a 6.45pm start.

Gonna be a good night

Thanks so much for the PMs, suggestions and advice. Really appreciate it.

Also tks so much for the feedback on my blog:) I try to post regularly but time is the constrain. Between taking care of a big family and looking for a job I get little time for myself and even less for blogging!!!! Hehehe

It's been 3 months since we moved here and still no luck with a job and I have never stayed home this long so getting a bit desperate to go out and talk to people.

Mari