Guest Guest5035

thongs and dressing up

Guest Jo&Phil

Ah, flipflops (aka thongs) ... fabulous invention and I wear them all summer and then have to stuff my protesting feet into more traditional footwear for work etc

I was amazed to see a 'dress code' note on a wedding invitation ... but then after I'd seen a few weddings I realised that sometimes you have to say exactly what you expect or you won't get it!

The benefit of living in an oh-so-casual Oz is that you are always the smartest person in the office! Be careful though .... your inner slob might just get out!

I went to a funeral and was the ONLY person in a tie and at 44 would have been the youngest in trousers, younger than me were wearing jeans and a couple came in work gear :eek:, even the older guests said they have a more relaxed dress code.

Guest lastboyscout

The article seems a bit snobby, if they did steel toe capped ones , I`d wear them for work :biglaugh:;)

I wouldn`t really ;)

I went to a wedding a couple of months ago and the Bride was wearing thongs underneath her wedding dress!

We went to a funeral last week and we were the only ones wearing black!

Nobody really makes much effort over here when it comes to etiquette. That's Australia for you!

Guest moonraker1959

I think the casual approach is quite refreshing myself,but then again,when I lived in Oz I did walk around like I had just returned from Woodstock!:biglaugh:Our local pub is quite snobby!I always feel like i have to get made up and dressed up to just go in for a drink!Nah give me casual anyday.Mind you,I think for a wedding or funeral you should make an exception!:cute:

Guest Guest5035

At my funeral no one is to wear black, it will not be sombre either, everyone is to have fun, they'll probably be happy anyway,

Stevo

At my funeral no one is to wear black, it will not be sombre either, everyone is to have fun, they'll probably be happy anyway,

Stevo

Off to buy a party dress now then....!!!!:D

Guest Guest5035

You and Tyke then!! But Tyke has to promise NO JACKBOOTS....

Stevo