Foxtel

TheHarrisonFamily

Well I finally managed to get Foxtel installed once I was earning a crust. But things never run smoothly I got the HD IQ box because there was a deal at the time.

Once the box was installed we were looking at all the channels and we noticed that we couldn’t get any of the free to air channels through Foxtel. After speaking to a very un helpful person somewhere in India she told me the reason we couldn’t get the free to channels is Foxtel do not have the rights to air them in the southern area. Has anyone had the same problem?

On top of that since they have connected the box through the HDMI plug my Sony Bravia telly keeps coming up with the Motion Flow screen across the TV and I can’t change the settings to make it go away. Now there was no problem with this until I had the Foxtel box installed

Any ideas

Thanks Rob

The fact that the person was in India is not the reason she was unhelpful. Many Australians, and Brits are rude and unhelpful.

Cable customers get Free to Air, Satellite don't. It's the same for the whole of Aus.

Its has nothing to do with Foxtel, its the TV companies being unwilling to pay Optus for space on the Satellite.

As for the new connection, the Foxtel installer should have checked all was OK? If you cant fix it, get them back.

I suggest changing the hz.

I am not a Sony expert so can't help too much with that.

Good luck.

Guest Guest75
The fact that the person was in India is not the reason she was unhelpful. Many Australians, and Brits are rude and unhelpful.

Cable customers get Free to Air, Satellite don't. It's the same for the whole of Aus.

Its has nothing to do with Foxtel, its the TV companies being unwilling to pay Optus for space on the Satellite.

As for the new connection, the Foxtel installer should have checked all was OK? If you cant fix it, get them back.

I suggest changing the hz.

I am not a Sony expert so can't help too much with that.

Good luck.

It was never suggested in the post that the person was unhelpful because they were from India.They said they had spoken to a very unhelpful person in India:skeptical:

Very different meanings indeed.

We get ABC and SBS on our Foxtel package, no 7,9 or 10 though.

It was never suggested in the post that the person was unhelpful because they were from India.They said they had spoken to a very unhelpful person in India:skeptical:

Very different meanings indeed.

We get ABC and SBS on our Foxtel package, no 7,9 or 10 though.

If the person was unhelpful and had an Aus accent would it have been mentioned - I guess not :daydreaming:.

Stop picking on everything I say, it's not even funny any more, in fact many say it was never funny or fair.

Lovely day to go fishing, go on, relax and leave me alone whilst on the water.

:policeman:

Well I finally managed to get Foxtel installed once I was earning a crust. But things never run smoothly I got the HD IQ box because there was a deal at the time.

Once the box was installed we were looking at all the channels and we noticed that we couldn’t get any of the free to air channels through Foxtel. After speaking to a very un helpful person somewhere in India she told me the reason we couldn’t get the free to channels is Foxtel do not have the rights to air them in the southern area. Has anyone had the same problem?

On top of that since they have connected the box through the HDMI plug my Sony Bravia telly keeps coming up with the Motion Flow screen across the TV and I can’t change the settings to make it go away. Now there was no problem with this until I had the Foxtel box installed

Any ideas

Thanks Rob

Hiya Rob,

Glad to see you now got Foxtel and hope you and the family are all ok ???

I hear your pain about the "overseas" call centre !!

LOL beware the Flack you can get on here if mention other races haha

Yes normal for Foxtel not to show channel 7 9 & 10, you have to swap back to the ariel for those, bloody nuciance eh ??

Dont know about the motion flow thingy, perhaps uninstall everything and start again ??

How you are doing well and dont forget to give us a call if you are down in Aldinga anytime..

Lynne :)

As stated, only normal for satellite, not cable.

It's an important point for people thinking about getting Foxtel.

With all new sign ups getting a PVR being on cable is very beneficial and save money if you want to record 7, 9 and 10.

Also nothing wrong in mentioning other races, but being derogatory about them on this forum is rightly stamped on by the likes of me.

I rang Telstra yesterday with a Foxtel query and must admit I got the most helpful lady on the end of the phone - quite a rare occurrence I have to say. She was brilliant (and based in Melbourne incidentally) - I phoned on this number

icon-call.gif

Call

1800 020 800

HTH

I rang Telstra yesterday with a Foxtel query and must admit I got the most helpful lady on the end of the phone - quite a rare occurrence I have to say. She was brilliant (and based in Melbourne incidentally) - I phoned on this number

icon-call.gif

Call

1800 020 800

HTH

Actually I sopke to 2 helpful ladies from Telstra over th last 3 days regarding my bill and house move

Regards

Sandra

Guest guest3462

I spoke to a young lad in Sydney last week about our foxtel, he was really nice, he was telling me all about his gran who lives in Aldinga and how he liked his hols here as a child!! Took ages to solve my problem, but he was nice just the same lol!