Guest guest3462

Happy St Georges day!

Guest guest3462

Just wanted to wish all us poms a very happy St Georges day xxxxxx

Happy Easter then (it is Easter Saturday as well as being st George's Day)

Just back from a walk in Banstead Woods and here's a picture - the perfume was wonderful too. sad it might be the last time I see them. That's another little thing I'll miss in Oz.

5646069822_6cfe128fe8.jpg

DSC01163 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Guest garlic--bread

Sorry, thought the UK government had banned St. Georges day so as not to cause offence to ethnic minorities etc :biglaugh:

Guest Reenz
    Happy Easter then (it is Easter Saturday as well as being st George's Day)

Just back from a walk in Banstead Woods and here's a picture - the perfume was wonderful too. sad it might be the last time I see them. That's another little thing I'll miss in Oz.

5646069822_6cfe128fe8.jpg

DSC01163 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

What a beautiful picture, jtct! And though you'll certainly miss the bluebells when you come over here, I am pleased to be able to say that at least we do have Chocolate Lilies! Although I would have to say they smell more like vanilla than chocolate.

http://lobethal.sa.au/visitor-info/flora-and-fauna-of-lobethal

Well, we celebrated St George's Day on 23rd, wrongly or rightly - rejoice in our similarities and celebrate our differences, is my motto!

Thanks to the OP for the St George's Day wishes, much appreciated (by a Pommy Aussie, or Aussie Pommie, whichever!)

d

XX

Thread tidied,14 posts removed. Behave.:cute:

Tyke, my post was genuine, St Georges Day was 'moved' to May 2nd in UK in 2011.

The racism after had nothing to do with my post.

So as you say..behave, and PLEASE don't remove genuine posts, its not very mod like.

Cheers!

Guest Ryan T. Lion

So as you say..behave, and PLEASE don't remove genuine posts, its not very mod like.

Cheers!

It was moved because Easter moves.... Sat 23rd this year is Holy Saturday (some call it Easter Eve or Black Saturday)

Our Youngest was born 23rd April, on St George's Day 2009 - so it's always a happy day for us! :jiggy:

So in advance of the 2nd May..... HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY!

I know that, I posted that everyone was premature as St Georges Day was May 2nd. Then the thread (nowt to do with me or my post) went mad, but my post was deleted unfairly.

Guest Ryan T. Lion
    I know that, I posted that everyone was premature as St Georges Day was May 2nd. Then the thread (nowt to do with me or my post) went mad, but my post was deleted unfairly.

Ah.... I see.

We had loads of people wishing us Happy St Georges day at our daughter's party here in the UK on Sat....... So the move can't have been very well briefed out!

Guest Guest75

Cheers!

I unfortunately have to leave your post in now beause it has been quoted twice.

From now on any post that even sniffs of an argument /pedantics and so on will be cut.

Hopefuly some posters will learn.

It's mod's jobs to see that the forum runs smoothly,not wait for the next argument!!!!!

There have been several complaints about you now Adelaidenow.

It ends here.........:realmad::policeman::policeman::policeman:

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Why is it every time I (quite innocently) post on here I get embroiled in an arguement?

:eek:

Guest Guest75
    Please reply why my post was deleted?

It's not a hard question!!!!!!!!!!!

Because you are pedantic and argumentative,add nought to the forum and give posters cause for complaint.

I don't know the reason why you left the other site but continuing your present posting style will see you leaving another one:realmad:

You are now warned .

Infraction points are to be used from now on if mod's decicions are to be questioned - this comes from the head honcho himself.

:policeman:

Guest Guest75
    Why is it every time I (quite innocently) post on here I get embroiled in an arguement?

:eek:

You've not been embroiled in any real arguments yet!!!!

Just keep in the sidelines ;)